Application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SlippingSloth

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll have somewhere in the 3.68-3.7 range gpa when I apply. Should I apply before my spring grades are out...ie June first or should I wait for both my MCAT and June grades to come back, and apply like June 25-30?

Is getting it in 3 weeks earlier worth a lot?

Members don't see this ad.

forgive me if i'm mistaken, but doesn't it take 2 months to get the mcat scores out and you need them to apply, no? so if i'm thinking correctly, you'd still have to wait until you know your scores, around the middle of june.

SlippingSloth said:
I'll have somewhere in the 3.68-3.7 range gpa when I apply. Should I apply before my spring grades are out...ie June first or should I wait for both my MCAT and June grades to come back, and apply like June 25-30?

I haven't applied yet, but DO schools work on a rolling admission so the sooner you send in your application, the better. MD schools have a different method, so I'm not quite sure which would be more beneficial.

Braden

SlippingSloth said:

Depends how confident you are of your MCAT score and how well your Spring grades are going to turn out.