Application Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plant based

TUSPM Class of 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was just curious as to when I should start my application.

I would ideally like to start Fall 2017. Does this mean I have to submit my application by this year, by June 30th? I'm also just starting to shadow a podiatrist, do you think I will have enough hours shadowed by June?

Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

Good questions. The application cycle to start school in the Fall of 2017 will begin the first Wednesday of August 2016 (August 3rd). Don't make the mistake I made this past cycle and have your entire application filled out before the opening date of application cycle. If you did not submit one from the previous cycle everything gets wiped clean when it opens up. If you do submit an application to AACPMAS this current cycle, your information will turn over to the new one. So long story short either enter it sometime this June and pay the fee or just be prepared to fill that puppy out as soon as it opens on August 3rd.

As for your shadowing hours you'd have to say how often you plan to shadow. Weekly? Monthly? Either way it should be sufficient. I didn't have too terribly many hours but I did have about 200 hour from many medical specialties other than podiatry.

Good questions. The application cycle to start school in the Fall of 2017 will begin the first Wednesday of August 2016 (August 3rd). Don't make the mistake I made this past cycle and have your entire application filled out before the opening date of application cycle. If you did not submit one from the previous cycle everything gets wiped clean when it opens up. If you do submit an application to AACPMAS this current cycle, your information will turn over to the new one. So long story short either enter it sometime this June and pay the fee or just be prepared to fill that puppy out as soon as it opens on August 3rd.

As for your shadowing hours you'd have to say how often you plan to shadow. Weekly? Monthly? Either way it should be sufficient. I didn't have too terribly many hours but I did have about 200 hour from many medical specialties other than podiatry.

Thank you so much for your response. :) So the June 30th deadline is for which term? I'm slightly confused. If I enter some of my app now, it will reset till August? Thanks again :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The June 30th deadline is to start this coming fall 2016. What I was saying is if you did fill out an application this year and pay the fee, your application would still contain the information you inputted from before June 30th when the new application cycle opens. So if you input now it won't wipe out your information come August.

The June 30th deadline is to start this coming fall 2016. What I was saying is if you did fill out an application this year and pay the fee, your application would still contain the information you inputted from before June 30th when the new application cycle opens. So if you input now it won't wipe out your information come August.

I second this^^^^^^100%. I made the same mistake this past summer. Spend the money to submit the application this cycle, it will save you countless hours redoing your entire application, unless you just make a whole bunch of saved screen shots and copy it over. My heart pretty much fell into my stomach when I realized I did this!

Reactions: 1 user
I second this^^^^^^100%. I made the same mistake this past summer. Spend the money to submit the application this cycle, it will save you countless hours redoing your entire application, unless you just make a whole bunch of saved screen shots and copy it over. My heart pretty much fell into my stomach when I realized I did this!

I don't intend to apply this cycle or by June 30th but what you guys are saying is it doesn't matter just do it anyway because it save you the hassle of having to filling out the application later?

I don't intend to apply this cycle or by June 30th but what you guys are saying is it doesn't matter just do it anyway because it save you the hassle of having to filling out the application later?
Truly depends on how much money you have to throw around. Or if you know you won't have the time to get it filled out whenever the cycle opens and you just want to have it complete.

So I am going overseas for the summer and was going to come back before August. I was worried I might not be able to get it filled in time so I should fill it out by June 30th just so I be safe right?