Application Start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ernie044

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on applying to Podiatry school this August. I want to get the application in as soon as possible. I know that the first day to submit an application is like the first Wednesday in August, but do I have to wait until then to know everything I will need to fill out the application? Do they have an application that I can look at so I can begin to come up with and collect all the things I need to apply so I can submit it right away? I hope this makes sense. I am new at this and don't know how it all works. Any help would be great! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to the AACPMAS website (https://portal.aacpmas.org/) and look under FAQ's. You'll find what you need there. If you don't then you can give them a call and they are nice about answering questions. They may change some things from year to year so it is best to get the info directly from them.

Reactions: 1 user
This past july or so I printed out the application for before the new one came out and kinda completed it by hand/thought of everything to put down. When the app for my cycle came out (this current cycle) it was pretty much identical so I was able to complete it quick and submit the first day it came out. I recommend doing this if you are anxious about submitting early on!

Members don't see this ad :)
This past july or so I printed out the application for before the new one came out and kinda completed it by hand/thought of everything to put down. When the app for my cycle came out (this current cycle) it was pretty much identical so I was able to complete it quick and submit the first day it came out. I recommend doing this if you are anxious about submitting early on!
Thank you! Getting a printed copy is a great idea! To get the hard copy of the application, do I need to just register to apply on the AACPMAS website? When did you request your transcripts to be sent out? Did you do this before the application date so they would get there on time? Thanks again for the help!

Thank you! Getting a printed copy is a great idea! To get the hard copy of the application, do I need to just register to apply on the AACPMAS website? When did you request your transcripts to be sent out? Did you do this before the application date so they would get there on time? Thanks again for the help!

Yeah what I did was just make a "fake" username and password in order to get the application and then print it out, so when I really registered the next cycle I could know beforehand what I needed to complete.

On that note, don't request anything to be sent until YOUR app cycle opens up (so you are registered for the cycle you want to be in). Even when it opens in August the first possible date they can send your app to schools is in like early sept so everyone has time to request transcripts, etc.