Application timeline question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yoberg225

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying in 2015 for dental school. I understand that interviews take place in fall, and notification of admissions begins in early december. My question is when do interviews end? I am planning to travel to Europe in mid December and want to make sure my interviews are done by then. Also, how are you notified of admission? I don't want to miss notification because I am abroad

Members don't see this ad.

Interviews don't just finish by late fall. Tufts, for example, interviews later and most are done during January and February. You should ask this question to the schools you are planning on applying to.

Schools keep interviewing until they fill up their class. I think most offer you more than one interview date, so you may be able to push out an interview a few weeks if needed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Notification varies by school. Some mail letters (e.g. UPenn). Others call you (e.g. Michigan). Others just do the email/AADSAS portal thing.