application timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fmlcat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused by how everything is timed. My transcript was received on 6/29/2012, and I just submitted my application yesterday.

I keep seeing stuff about first batch, second batch, etc... so I'm wondering where I fit timewise? Obviously I'm not in the first batch, but I wasn't really sure what my position was since my GPA is not verified yet.

Members don't see this ad.

you're likely not going to be verified till like the 4-5 batch at this rate (just my estimate). It's not considered early, but it's not considered late either so you're good.

Should I apply before I take my DAT? My exam is in 3 weeks.

Apply to the schools you plan on applying to regardless of your scores to get the ball rolling on your GPA verification which takes awhile. After you take the DAT you can get a good idea of what other schools to apply to, and your app won't have to be delayed since you have everything in. You also can save some money by doing it that way. Or you can take your chances and submit to your entire list of schools