application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hello8

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can see an example of what the application looks like? I want to get a rough idea of they types of questions and how long it will take to complete.

For those who already went through the application process, how long did it take to fill out the application?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The information you enter in doesn't take that long. You enter your GPA and science GPA. You enter in the pre-req grades. You answer information like colleges you attended and things like that, biographical information. The longest thing is the personal statement. You also have an ec activities section. Make sure you put a lot of time into those types of things. I think the personal statement is like 500 words.

hello8,
have you checked out the faq for the centralized application?
http://www.aacpm.org/html/careerzone/require.asp

The faq is pretty straightforward, I would look at this...as it is the earliest time hack you need to meet.... notice the aacpm doesn't collect items such as letters of recommendation or any other secondary requirements... so now you can look ahead to your specific schools to see what secondary materials are required and by what time frame.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pay special attention to which classes count toward your science GPA. Some of the ones that are listed surprised me, as they're not all super obvious.

I'd say calculating my GPAs based on their tables and the personal statement took me the longest out of the whole thing. Wrangling with letters of rec can also be time consuming.

Best of luck :)

for me the longest part was getting the letters of rec turned into the office so that they could mail them to aacpm. the actual application took about a day, and i had interviews almost immediately. AACPM has done a very good job with the handling and distribution of the application... so dont sweat it :thumbup: