Apply before taking physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heyitssandie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated a semester early with a B.S in December 2011. I have a 3.0 science and a 3.55 overall gpa. I just started studying for the MCAT and will take it in the summer. I worked in a nursing home for 1 year and gained 1300+ patient care hours. I volunteered in Costa Rica in August 2011 for 2 weeks on a medical trip.

I plan on taking physics 1 during the summer and then applying to all the schools once grades are out. I'm worried that I might not get into physics 1 in the summer and might have to take it during the fall semester. So if i have to wait to take it in the fall, should I apply anyway even though i have not taken physics 2 yet? I do not want to lose my chances of getting in because I am applying later than October-December.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You will be fine if you apply in the fall. Most of the people posting questions about applications are applying for the fall of 2012. Since you are talking about a whole year from now, you will have no problems with applying late.

Hi sandi youre kinda cute. Anyway, you'll be fine.

Hey Sandie,

You shouldn't have any problems being accepted without the class. The admissions committees ultimately make the decisions, and if you're lacking 1-2 classes, I was given the impression you have a conditional acceptance. Meaning by the time you enter podiatry school, you must have taken and passed the courses. Also, Physics 1 and 2 don't really overlap too much, so you could probably take both at the same time if necessary. Another strategy is to go ahead and apply, but ensure that your transcript states that your courses are in progress.