Apply Today! Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Minority Ophthalmology

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Public health evidence highlights that access to care, as well as the patient experience improves when the physician community reflects the population at large. Because eye disease disproportionately affects communities of color, increasing diversity in ophthalmology is especially important.

Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring aims to increase diversity in ophthalmology by helping students who are underrepresented in medicine (UIM) become competitive ophthalmology residency applicants.  Are you an M1 student? Apply today: aao.org/mentoring before the early deadline of January 31.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Web3 - 1200x630.jpg
    Web3 - 1200x630.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: 2 users
Super cool, hope this helps generate interest and opportunities

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you an aspiring eye surgeon — or do you simply want to learn more about ophthalmology? The Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring program is accepting early decision applications for current M1 students through January 31! Apply online: aao.org/mentoring

The purpose of the program is to increase diversity in ophthalmology by helping student underrepresented in medicine (UIM) become competitive ophthalmology residency applicants. Students receive one-on-one mentorship, valuable guidance in medical career planning, networking opportunities and access to a variety of educational resources.

Visit aao.org/mentoring or email [email protected] for more information. We hope to see you in the Class of 2024!

Attachments

• Web1 - 830x415.jpg
    Web1 - 830x415.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 25
It’s not too late to meet the early application deadline (January 31) for the Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring program! If you are a current M1 student, apply today.

An alumni of the program shared with us:
“Participating in the Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring program was easily one of the highlights of my entire medical school career! The community it provided (mentors and peers) I've gained along the way is something that will stay with me forever. Having people in my corner was invaluable to me matching and feeling confident that I could flourish in the field of ophthalmology.” – Dominic Williams, MD, matched at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary in 2023

Learn more at aao.org/mentoring and apply for the Class of 2024 by January 31 to be considered for early acceptance!

Attachments

• recruitment image jan.jpg
    recruitment image jan.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 21
Are you an M1 student planning on applying for the Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring program. Submit by February 15: aao.org/mentoring

Students in the Minority Ophthalmology Mentoring program enjoy many avenues to explore ophthalmology and become competitive ophthalmology residency applicants.

The application is only open to first-year students, so don’t miss the opportunity.

Reactions: 1 user