Apply with current MCAT score and list new test date or wait until scores come back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scienceolympian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I currently have a 503 on my mcat, 125 in all sections except CARS which I have a 128. I have a 3.6 cgpa, and 3.45 sgpa. I'm retaking my MCAT in June and as of right now I'm scoring between a 508-512. I'm reapplying to MD and DO schools and I was wonder if it was better to wait to submit until July or submit in June with my an upcoming test score listed? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also taking my MCAT in June. A lot of people advised me to submit my primary with one school on it so it can get verified, and by the time the scores roll around, add a bunch of schools that cater to your score.

Reactions: 1 user
You can wait until July. When you have your new score you can create an appropriate list of schools to apply to based on your new score.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! I currently have a 503 on my mcat, 125 in all sections except CARS which I have a 128. I have a 3.6 cgpa, and 3.45 sgpa. I'm retaking my MCAT in June and as of right now I'm scoring between a 508-512. I'm reapplying to MD and DO schools and I was wonder if it was better to wait to submit until July or submit in June with my an upcoming test score listed? Thank you!
You will simply get screened out based upon. Your current score. Med schools are under no obligation to wait for a new score

a balanced MCAT score with high CARS? and above average GPA? if we're talking DO schools you're all good to go.

as @Goro said you'd be better off applying MD after you get the updated score, not before

then again, applying right now for DO is super early. a higher MCAT result in july is still early. you best just forget about applying to schools right now, focus your mind on studying for the mcat

Reactions: 1 users
a balanced MCAT score with high CARS? and above average GPA? if we're talking DO schools you're all good to go.

as @Goro said you'd be better off applying MD after you get the updated score, not before

then again, applying right now for DO is super early. a higher MCAT result in july is still early. you best just forget about applying to schools right now, focus your mind on studying for the mcat
Thank you!

I would apply to state schools and a few low tier MD schools as long as all of your subsections are 125 or above. I don’t think you will get screened out if your subsections are 125 or above( or at least I didn’t get screened out by any MD schools). Focus getting your MCAT score higher of but also make sure your secondaries and personal statements stand out since I think that helped me get interviews tbh.

Sdn likes to make everyone who got below a 510 MCAT feel like they have no chance at MD. But I had a 506 on my MCAT and got 3 IIs and received 2 As. ( still on 1 waitlist)Geographic location also matters a lot too (south/Midwest schools are more forgiving of lower MCAT scores). Good luck!

I would apply to state schools and a few low tier MD schools as long as all of your subsections are 125 or above. I don’t think you will get screened out if your subsections are 125 or above( or at least I didn’t get screened out by any MD schools). Focus getting your MCAT score higher of but also make sure your secondaries and personal statements stand out since I think that helped me get interviews tbh.

Sdn likes to make everyone who got below a 510 MCAT feel like they have no chance at MD. But I had a 506 on my MCAT and got 3 IIs and received 2 As. ( still on 1 waitlist)Geographic location also matters a lot too (south/Midwest schools are more forgiving of lower MCAT scores). Good luck!
Ok Thank you so much! I'm from Pennsylvania, but Ive been looking into some of the private schools in the south/Midwest