Applying early vs. late -- any success stories?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rasta

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear members,

Was wondering if anyone has been in this situation: Applied late (complete at most schools end of october) the first cycle unsuccessfully, and then reapplied june 1st the next application cycle with success using the SAME application.

fyi, this is geared towards lower tiered schools who get tons of applications -- i have a 27 mcat.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

it's first come first served at most, if not all, schools... Not surprised in the least...

Dear members,

Was wondering if anyone has been in this situation: Applied late (complete at most schools end of october) the first cycle unsuccessfully, and then reapplied june 1st the next application cycle with success using the SAME application.

fyi, this is geared towards lower tiered schools who get tons of applications -- i have a 27 mcat.

Thanks

OP, do you have a list of the schools? I'm in a similar situation to re-apply early (was late this past year, complete September/October)

schools like penn state, vcu, and gw. I recieved some kind of feedback from those schools such as, "we like you, but not sure we can interview you...". I'm wondering if those are schools i would have had more success had i applied earlier.

i've set up a phone interview with VCU about why it didn't work out, but that's in about a month. the other schools don't provide feedback i believe.