Applying for UF, LECOM, USF, and MCPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mohammed1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
University of Florida, University of South Florida, and LECOM have pharmacy school in FL. Also I am applying for Massetchussets of College of Pharmacy for this cycle enrolling hopefully in 2014-2015.

I would like to know by whoever has any idea of what you think my chances are to be accepted or considered by getting an interview if I have a gpa of 3.0 and do not have pharmacy work experience.

I take my PCAT on Sept 4th, and I am not a really good test taker so I am not sure if can get a 99% composite score, but I have been studying by using Dr. Collins study package, and Pearson's practice exams, so I am confident to say I can get higher than at least 75 percentile.

So I am curious if I would be able to get accepted based on my status.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

University of Florida, University of South Florida, and LECOM have pharmacy school in FL. Also I am applying for Massetchussets of College of Pharmacy for this cycle enrolling hopefully in 2014-2015.

I would like to know by whoever has any idea of what you think my chances are to be accepted or considered by getting an interview if I have a gpa of 3.0 and do not have pharmacy work experience.

I take my PCAT on Sept 4th, and I am not a really good test taker so I am not sure if can get a 99% composite score, but I have been studying by using Dr. Collins study package, and Pearson's practice exams, so I am confident to say I can get higher than at least 75 percentile.

Thank you

Hey I am also applying to MCPHS worcester with a 3.0 and no pharmacy experience. I recommend taking up extracurricular activities that relate to health care and or that show leadership.... I actually go to school at MCPHS at the boston campus so my advisors told me with a 3.0 I am guaranteed an interview... (however they did say the admission will favor me because all my prereq classes have been from MCPHS)
A 3.0 is not bad but to them its not good... MCP worcester doesnt require pcats so if you do well on it, it would help for sure. how does the rest of ur resume look like?

Thank you
With a 3.0 GPA and 70+ PCAT , you should get some interviews. I highly recommend getting some pharmacy experience at least shadowing a pharmacist or volunteering. Know what you are getting yourself into before making the big investment.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually got a job as a pharmacy tech. My training starts soon. I am taking my PCAT on sept 4. I have taken 2 of pearson practice tests and I rang from 60-80. My bio and chem from 80-99, its just my math, verbal, and reading is from 20-50 or 60. I did graduate with a biomedical science bachelor so I hope that will help my chances for MCPHS. I am defenitly going to aim for 75 at least.

I actually got a job as a pharmacy tech. My training starts soon. I am taking my PCAT on sept 4. I have taken 2 of pearson practice tests and I rang from 60-80. My bio and chem from 80-99, its just my math, verbal, and reading is from 20-50 or 60. I did graduate with a biomedical science bachelor so I hope that will help my chances for MCPHS. I am defenitly going to aim for 75 at least.

Which of those schools is ur top choice?

Prob UF because its the best. But I maybe a little biased.

Are u applying to these four colleges as well? Uf seems like the best but I've heard good things about lecom... idk about usf and mcp is aight, its great for me due to time n location but personally I'd recommend u n Mohamed to aim for lecom or uf if u wanna truly enjoy ur time at pharmschool

Are u applying to these four colleges as well? Uf seems like the best but I've heard good things about lecom... idk about usf and mcp is aight, its great for me due to time n location but personally I'd recommend u n Mohamed to aim for lecom or uf if u wanna truly enjoy ur time at pharmschool

I am a 1PD at UF now.

I am a 1PD at UF now.

Hey man congrats on getting in! Like everyone else im really anxious/nervous throughout this application process so it would be much appreciated if u could share ur stats that got u in or was it ur experience? Or a good interview? Im on an uphill battle to reach a 3.0/3.1 this semester so i can get into mcp Worcester but most likely I'll end up with a 2.8/2.9 .... what do u think my chances are given that i have a bs in health care business, lot of volunteer hours, little pharm experience (and im hoping they'll be a little empathetic of my medical injury that hurt my gpa my 1st and 2nd year). Sorry for the rant, im just hella anxious, which is why im posting everywhere.

Hey man congrats on getting in! Like everyone else im really anxious/nervous throughout this application process so it would be much appreciated if u could share ur stats that got u in or was it ur experience? Or a good interview? Im on an uphill battle to reach a 3.0/3.1 this semester so i can get into mcp Worcester but most likely I'll end up with a 2.8/2.9 .... what do u think my chances are given that i have a bs in health care business, lot of volunteer hours, little pharm experience (and im hoping they'll be a little empathetic of my medical injury that hurt my gpa my 1st and 2nd year). Sorry for the rant, im just hella anxious, which is why im posting everywhere.

Yea it is a really nerve racking process. Are you an instate resident of florida? Because most public school admit ALOT of in state residents.

Yea it is a really nerve racking process. Are you an instate resident of florida? Because most public school admit ALOT of in state residents.

No, Im a massachusetts resident... I will be getting my B.S degree from MCPHS boston, so the fact that I am applying to MCPHS worcester for pharmacy helps i guess... ppl keep tellin me that its a huge advantage but I dont believe it'll make that big of a difference if I show up with a gpa less than 3.0

No, Im a massachusetts resident... I will be getting my B.S degree from MCPHS boston, so the fact that I am applying to MCPHS worcester for pharmacy helps i guess... ppl keep tellin me that its a huge advantage but I dont believe it'll make that big of a difference if I show up with a gpa less than 3.0

I'm not sure about mcphs. I didn't apply there. Hopefully you get your 1st choice.

I recently got an interview to go to LECOM. I take my PCAT in few days, so if I do well, UF can invite me too. I would like either of my 4 choices above.

I recently got an interview to go to LECOM. I take my PCAT in few days, so if I do well, UF can invite me too. I would like either of my 4 choices above.

Good luck with the lecom interview!!! Also with uf... if i were u i would wait to apply to mcphs until ur fall grades are in. It sounds like ur a florida resident to me so other Massachusetts resident will be favored. Keep us updated tho with everything and good luck man!

I just sent my application to UF as well.

Florida resident
3.34 Science GPA
3.37 Non science GPA
Took Pcat last year - 72 composite
B.S. Biomedical Science minor Biomedical Physics
2 years medical assistant experience.

Hope I get an interview

Thank you
I am not sure if you got accepted or not considering your post was a while ago, but I got in with no pharm experience, graduated with non-science major, and 3.06 cGPA.
If you did get accepted, have you decided on which school to go to? would you mind sharing how you chose the school you want to attend?