applying for visa late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

um2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I will be starting medicine in Australia in February (plan to arrive on 15th or 16th and in need of desperate help from people who have already gone through this process).

I applied for my LOC little late and it's still in process, because of that I wasn't able to apply for visa at all...because no LOC no studying in Australia.

I know some people cut it really close (applied just before Christmas, wasn't able to get doctor's appointment.)
Assume I get a say this week and apply 30th December, and receive physical on Jan 3rd (if all goes well).
How long would the visa process take in whole, I know that in Canada, doctors need to send the result of physical to embassy in Ottawa and that takes approximately a week.

Would I be able to receive visa with 4 week window from start to end?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

After I got my medical done (December 12) I got a letter from immigration (Dec 21) saying my visa was approved, so just under 10 days. I'm assuming the delay was due to bloodwork being analyzed and sent back to the panel doctor.

Hello,

I will be starting medicine in Australia in February (plan to arrive on 15th or 16th and in need of desperate help from people who have already gone through this process).

I applied for my LOC little late and it's still in process, because of that I wasn't able to apply for visa at all...because no LOC no studying in Australia.

I know some people cut it really close (applied just before Christmas, wasn't able to get doctor's appointment.)
Assume I get a say this week and apply 30th December, and receive physical on Jan 3rd (if all goes well).
How long would the visa process take in whole, I know that in Canada, doctors need to send the result of physical to embassy in Ottawa and that takes approximately a week.

Would I be able to receive visa with 4 week window from start to end?

Thank you.

no worries, education is big business, u will get ur visa. If it's too late, enter on tourist visa. Once student visa is approved, take a short haitus to NZ. Exit and come back as on student visa