Applying into child neurology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biff_webster16

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, longtime lurker, first-time poster. I understand this forum is mostly geared toward adult neurologists but I’m hoping some members have insight into child neurology. I’m an M2 interested in pediatrics but thinking child neurology might be a good fit for me. Unfortunately my school doesn’t have a child neuro program (so specialty-specific mentorship is hard to come by) and I won’t be able to rotate until the beginning of M4 year.

How late is too late to decide on child neurology? My CV is very peds-focused on paper and I have some unrelated research. If I decide by next spring (late M3/early M4) after my rotation that child neuro is for me, can I credibly demonstrate to PDs I have an interest in the specialty with a bread-and-butter peds background and no child neuro research? A little intimidated to apply next to a cadre of MD/PhDs and other applicants with a boatload of relevant research.

Members don't see this ad.