Applying now but retaking the DAT in Sept?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aamiracle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the DAT on 6/15...

PAT: 18
QR: 15
RC: 18
BIO: 20
gChem: 19
oChem: 16
TS: 19
AA: 18

First off..I am upset by these scores..on all BC practice tests for PAT & RC I was getting 20+'s, but my anxiety kicked in during the test and made me choke. QR I had gotten 19's on last two BC tests I took night before, but I was so miserable from PAT and RC that I dragged it with me onto the last section.

I have to wait 90 days unfortunately to retake, so that means September 15th...I already graduated Spring' 15 and do NOT want to/can't afford to make it 3 years off.

I was planning on applying to schools regardless once all my LOR's are in and checking off the mark saying I'm planning on retaking, what are my chances?

A little about me...
-I have a 3.43 cumm GPA
-over 100+ shadowing hours at an oral surgery office, two LOR"s coming from two oral surgeons.
-100+ hours at a periodontics office I worked as an assistant for a month.
Held a leadership role in a student organization and also did Collegiate EMS during my junior/senior year of school which gave me 250+ hours of volunteer EMS work.
-I have 1 non science & 1 science LOR, waiting on 1 more science LOR.

I've spoken with many peers and a friend got into Stony last year with similar scores & GPA, except not so low on the QR, soley based on the EMS we did together and such. Obviously it's different, it's all based on probability and chance, but I wanted to see what some people thought on this.

As far as material I used:

Bootcamp
DAT Destroyer 2015
Math Destroyer 2015
Chad videos (amazing)
Cliffs & Ferralis

On the retake I plan on adding much more practice tests and mimicking the environment & conditions more. I had to constantly raise my hand for a new board which was wasting time.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What happened in ochem if you dont mind me asking and did you use destoyer on this study round? I have yet to take mine so I am just looking for anything I can improve on, I hope this question doesnt come off as rude.

I have same stats and retake end of july. However, my application is already verified and schools already received them, and some schools emailed me to notify that they are putting my apps on hold for future DAT.

What happened in ochem if you dont mind me asking and did you use destoyer on this study round? I have yet to take mine so I am just looking for anything I can improve on, I hope this question doesnt come off as rude.

I didn't review it a day or two before the test & I think that led to my downfall for that section, I stressed reviewing for Bio & gChem as those were my weaker subjects, I realize now I should of reviewed all of it, I'm a better last minute study person! haha

& yes I went through destroyer twice for Bio which did help me a lot. gChem & oChem too. I studied inconsistently for a few months because of full-time work schedule and I couldn't put life on pause.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't review it a day or two before the test & I think that led to my downfall for that section, I stressed reviewing for Bio & gChem as those were my weaker subjects, I realize now I should of reviewed all of it, I'm a better last minute study person! haha

& yes I went through destroyer twice for Bio which did help me a lot. gChem & oChem too. I studied inconsistently for a few months because of full-time work schedule and I couldn't put life on pause.
Thank you for the response I am taking mine in August and I need a better method of reviewing the material that I have learned so far.

Thank you for the response I am taking mine in August and I need a better method of reviewing the material that I have learned so far.

Just make sure you understand EVERYTHING, don't brush off that one question you do not understand... & Bio Destroyer is perfect to review a week or so before the test, but I do recommend filling in some last minute gaps with Ferralis..specifically transcription, translation, and any subject area that has multiple steps. I was asked about 5-8 questions based on a specific step

Reactions: 1 users