Applying soon...What do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jypatl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

So I just got my MCAT score back today and I'm going to finish my application this week. I got a 23Q on my MCAT and my cGPA is a 2.982. I've got a good amount of volunteering at a free health clinic under my belt, a year and a half of undergraduate research and I shadowed a podiatrist for a few hours. What do you guys think about my chances? I'm finishing up my last year at school so my cGPA should go up more.

Edit: I also have a cousin who went to Kent and just graduated. I was wondering if they take into preference if you've had any relatives that went to podiatry school before?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're good :)
Your MCAT score get you into a few places!!

where are your top choices?

That's very relieving to hear! I've been pretty worried lately about my GPA. Well the number one place I would like to goto is SCPM, but New York and Kent are my number 2 and 3 followed by Des Moines, Barry and Temple.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's very relieving to hear! I've been pretty worried lately about my GPA. Well the number one place I would like to goto is SCPM, but New York and Kent are my number 2 and 3 followed by Des Moines, Barry and Temple.

Oh if Sam.Merritt is your top choice, I think you are in a good position. My friend got in there and he had similar stats. He GPA was a bit higher, but your MCAT was higher than his so I think that balances out :thumbup:

He also applied around October :)

Your GPA > My GPA

Oh if Sam.Merritt is your top choice, I think you are in a good position. My friend got in there and he had similar stats. He GPA was a bit higher, but your MCAT was higher than his so I think that balances out :thumbup:

He also applied around October :)

Ahh whoops, I meant Rosalind Franklin, not Sam Merrit :p

either way, I think your stats are decent.
You will at least get interviews!!

good luck :)

our stats are very similar.. my gpas are slightly higher but I scored 23 P on the MCAT. I feel confident about my chances..