Applying super late to DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhantomHive7

Reaction score
Debating on if I should submit a few secondaries to DO schools, is it way too late?

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure this thread will be moved pretty soon. Here's my two cents: it never hurts to try. At least apply to the most established programs (like 2 or 3 of them). UNECOM is pretty good, too.

It certainly never hurts to try if you have the time and the money, even though it is probably much less likely they will give you an II at this point. You never know though, I literally got an II from DMU, the #1 DO school yesterday, so possibilities are endless. You may also want to bear in mind that many interviews given out this late in the cycle may be for waitlist positions, but most DO schools do have significant waitlist movement.

Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of schools finish giving interviews in April. I would wait until May.

I didn't apply until Feb 14 and already have 3 interviews lined up. Whether they are for WL or not, might as well give it a shot.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I didn't apply until Feb 14 and already have 3 interviews lined up. Whether they are for WL or not, might as well give it a shot.
Likely waitlist but DO waitlists have a lot of movement so it's not that bad of a position to be in.

not in the exact same situation but the three interviews that I've gotten this cycle are from the three schools that I applied to "last minute" in November/December... I think if you have the money and the time to put in some good applications there's a chance you could get interviews if you are a good fit for the schools !

• Wow
you have startled goro! that's an accomplishment.

Please keep us posted, this is very interesting.

I wouldn't recommend it but there are some schools that want enough buffer on the alternate list to be sure the class is full by matriculation. Also some of the schools may want to have a slightly larger class in case people drop after matriculation. Hard to say, but that is what enrollment management is for.

Good luck, and take your best shot.