Applying to DPT programs in Texas with below average GPAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gldnface

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy all,

I am relatively new to these forums and have a few questions about applying to DPT programs in Texas with a below average GPA. Currently my cGPA is at a 3.1, last 60 GPA is a 3.36 and my prereq GPA is around the same as my last 60. I am in the process of retaking chem 1, then taking chem 2, and hoping to do well to give me a little bit of a boost. I haven't taken the GRE yet, and am a bit nervous about that, along with this process as a whole. So my question is, is it worth applying to DPT programs in Texas if I barely meet the minimum 3.0 cGPA requirement? Also, if yall have any other tips on doing well on the GRE or advice on the application process I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey! I’m not entirely sure as to how Texas schools work but I’m assuming they work similarly to most of not all DPT programs. If you do not meet the minimum 3.0 cGPA, you will most likely get screened out and not make it past the initial screening. A school that I applied for had a minimum 152 verbal and math GRE scores and I failed to meet the minimum and despite my GPA I was rejected and didn’t make it past the first screening. I hope this helps! I would try and re take some classes, get A’s in all of them which will raise your cumulative and pre-req gpa. I also advise taking some BS easy classes to raise your cGPA. My friend took intro to basketball and baseball and got an A in 6 credits which helped raise his GPA. Best of luck with your application!!!