General Admissions & OTCAS Applying to OT school multiple times (2019-2020)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ccfriday27

Reaction score
Hello all!

This is my 3rd year applying to OT school. I already got accepted into 1 school, but I am waiting to interview next month for the school I REALLY want to go to. I have interviewed with this school the past two years and got waitlisted both times. I met with the director this past year and I have never been so nervous for an interview and I think it’s because I’ve worked my butt off to get into to school. Each year, I have improved my grades, GRE score, and experience. I want to know if anyone knows if the school really looks at you more if you have applied to it several times? I was so sure I was going to get in last year, but unfortunately that didn’t happen. I took it and ran with it and improved everything I possible could! Has anyone been in this boat with applying multiple times?
Thanks in advance and Goodluck to all applying :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all!

This is my 3rd year applying to OT school. I already got accepted into 1 school, but I am waiting to interview next month for the school I REALLY want to go to. I have interviewed with this school the past two years and got waitlisted both times. I met with the director this past year and I have never been so nervous for an interview and I think it’s because I’ve worked my butt off to get into to school. Each year, I have improved my grades, GRE score, and experience. I want to know if anyone knows if the school really looks at you more if you have applied to it several times? I was so sure I was going to get in last year, but unfortunately that didn’t happen. I took it and ran with it and improved everything I possible could! Has anyone been in this boat with applying multiple times?
Thanks in advance and Goodluck to all applying :)
I haven't applied multiple times, but know plenty of people that have gotten into their schools after multiple attempts. The good thing is you've done everything you can, so don't give up and try to stay positive! Wishing you the best!! I also work in admissions for a top DPT program and they do not judge badly for applying multiple times. In some cases they like to see your grit! Good luck!