General Admissions & OTCAS applying to OT schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ot_pedi10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am currently applying to OT schools. I am in the process of getting recommendation letters for the application. I have not taken the GRE but will take it around November. I am applying for schools that do not require GRE right now. I am asking an OT I know for references and she said she would write me a reference letter as long as I let her know when it is due and what is due. I want to use this same OT to ask for a recommnedation for the 6-7 total schools. Should I ask her to write a recommendation letter for all the schools even the ones with the GRE even though I have not taken it yet or send separate emails: one for the schools that do not require a GRE and another that does require the GRE? I am unsure what to do.

Members don't see this ad.

Do the schools you're applying to use OTCAS? If they do, then the same letter is used for every school, regardless of whether they require the GRE or not.

Some of my schools that I am applying to want a specific form. The ones that are on OTCAS, how would they put in the reference letters?

Some of my schools that I am applying to want a specific form. The ones that are on OTCAS, how would they put in the reference letters?
It sends your references a form to fill out or requirements. But I would try to get another OT reference to split the forms. That's a lot, even if you know them well.