applying to smp -MCAT in April 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aquarius67

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I'll be one of the first guinea pigs to be taking the new Mcat on April 17. All of the seats are filled up to take the old MCAT, and I doubt anyone will cancel their exam now. My question is that I'll be applying to a few smps in March, and My Mcat score will be sent out in June (they will take a month and a half to analyze the score). If I do well on this Mcat, should I even consider applying this late to smps? Im assuming most of the interviews /seats will be filled up by then. Or should I wait for one year to apply to a Carib med school? I don't have time/ finance to wait another year to do smp. I'll prolly send most of my time improving my creds in the meantime.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am in a similar situation here. What smp are you looking into? I have talked to a few in the last few weeks and they assured me they are still accepting people in July, and into August. They told me to have all of my application in with letters of recommendations, transcripts, etc. in so that when I take the MCAT they will be able to get the score and review my application right away. It is stressing me out like crazy though especially since it's a new test that no one knows what to do with the scores.

Let me know if you find any more information on this!