Approach to MCAT classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

NP545

How did you guys approach mcat classes?
-Study by yourself first to learn material and refresh for few months. Then take a mcat class for a couple months. Total: 5 months (2-3 months refreshing and 2-3 months class)
OR
-Take mcat class and self-study before/after class during summer. Then take mcat . Total: 3 months
Based on your experiences, which do you recommend or presume works better?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard some people take Kaplan MCAT class and score very well. I only study from test-prep book though, and still score 30. I think it is more about you than the method; but make sure you spend at least 2 months to study (without taking full-time class); so I say take during the summer when you are off from school and commit 3-4 hours each day to study MCAT.

Took TPR class. Did every bit of online homework I could on schedule in order to ensure I had the TPR guarantee in case I had to retake. I signed up for the earliest test I could after my course ended, and used my spare time to make comprehensive notes on every single thing from the TPR textbooks I didnt completely understand (I didnt take genetics, microbio or anatomy so my bio package was like 40 pages..). Proceed to get 38 on the real test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took TPR class. Did every bit of online homework I could on schedule in order to ensure I had the TPR guarantee in case I had to retake. I signed up for the earliest test I could after my course ended, and used my spare time to make comprehensive notes on every single thing from the TPR textbooks I didnt completely understand (I didnt take genetics, microbio or anatomy so my bio package was like 40 pages..). Proceed to get 38 on the real test.
What is TPR?