approximate time of score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fleur64

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was wondering what the expected time period for score release would be for those that take the exams in April ? I hear that its around two months, is this true? Wouldn't it just be better to take the May mcat then, buying yourself some more time ? Any input would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

According to aamc's site the April exam scores are released on June 16th while the May exam score is released on the June 30th. In my opinion it would be better to take the May exam and have an extra month to prepare. But it's whatever you feel more comfortable with. L

Also note that the AAMC is not promising those dates. They are "expected" score release dates. Although they didn't promise the dates before, but they were always accurate (at least for the past year, I didn't look back further). Usually scores came out between 3 PM and 4 PM Eastern Time on the stated day.

Definitely torn as to what to do here...I can go for the April date and have an open window for a 2nd test if needed, or I can fully commit to nailing it in May, probably not having time to get scores back and reassess whether a retest is needed or not.