April 2015 NPTE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Passed!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Mine says score recieved from prometric :( doesnt say if passed or failed waaaaaa :((

passed! first attempt, so happy not to have to study anymore

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Lord! Passed, I applied for Florida!
Indeed prayer changes things!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys, just want to share my experience with anyone that might need it. This was my third time taking the exam. First time i scored 599, was so painful. Did even worse the 2nd time around because I thought that since I came so close the first time, I just needed to brush up on a few things. I did only the IER and PT Final exam practice tests. The first exam(Oct 2014 npte) was a bit easy, while the 2nd was HARD. I blame myself either way. After the 2nd exam, I got a message from someone on the forum that did very well on the NPTE and what he told me was very helpful. He advised me to STUDY WIDE, NOT DEEP. Also, don't joke with your practice tests. Get as many as you can afford. I adopted a system for studying which I hope will be helpful for people hoping to take the NPTE. I first went through the O'sullivan review guide, then took a practice test. During the test, I made note of any question that I had difficulty with or that I spent more than 1 minute answering. After the test, I would go through those questions, reading up on the topics in various textbooks and watching videos where applicable. I did this for 10 practice tests. Scored 77%, 78% & 74.5% for the O'Sullivan tests, 77.5%, 78.5% & 73% for the scorebuilders, 75% for the practice PEAT and 86% for the retired NPTE PEAT exam. I think the PEAT really boosted my confidence. I hope this information is helpful in some way.
Congratulations ! Which all books you referred?

Congratulations to all of you.

Mine says score recieved from prometric :( doesnt say if passed or failed waaaaaa :((
Hi, what state did you take the exam for? I have the same issue mine is Illinois state not sure give pass or fail status.

Hi, what state did you take the exam for? I have the same issue mine is Illinois state not sure give pass or fail status.
dint u register with continental testing services to give the illinois board exam, if u did, then u will see your result on their website. All the best

PASSED in Wisconsin. I paid the $80 though... I couldn't take the wait anymore.

Congrats to those who passed. For those of us who did not, circle July 22nd on your calendar.

Hi guys, just want to share my experience with anyone that might need it. This was my third time taking the exam. First time i scored 599, was so painful. Did even worse the 2nd time around because I thought that since I came so close the first time, I just needed to brush up on a few things. I did only the IER and PT Final exam practice tests. The first exam(Oct 2014 npte) was a bit easy, while the 2nd was HARD. I blame myself either way. After the 2nd exam, I got a message from someone on the forum that did very well on the NPTE and what he told me was very helpful. He advised me to STUDY WIDE, NOT DEEP. Also, don't joke with your practice tests. Get as many as you can afford. I adopted a system for studying which I hope will be helpful for people hoping to take the NPTE. I first went through the O'sullivan review guide, then took a practice test. During the test, I made note of any question that I had difficulty with or that I spent more than 1 minute answering. After the test, I would go through those questions, reading up on the topics in various textbooks and watching videos where applicable. I did this for 10 practice tests. Scored 77%, 78% & 74.5% for the O'Sullivan tests, 77.5%, 78.5% & 73% for the scorebuilders, 75% for the practice PEAT and 86% for the retired NPTE PEAT exam. I think the PEAT really boosted my confidence. I hope this information is helpful in some way.

It's scary how closely I can relate to you. Short version- my 3rd time as well. I had scored a 599 the first time (oct 2014), worse the second, passed this time. I put my faith in O'sullivans this time around and can't speak highly enough of that book. The O'sullivan practice tests are brutal but they are absolutely necessary to identify weak areas. It has been a long road and congratulations, I know exactly how you feel.

Reactions: 1 user
It's scary how closely I can relate to you. Short version- my 3rd time as well. I had scored a 599 the first time (oct 2014), worse the second, passed this time. I put my faith in O'sullivans this time around and can't speak highly enough of that book. The O'sullivan practice tests are brutal but they are absolutely necessary to identify weak areas. It has been a long road and congratulations, I know exactly how you feel.
You're absolutely right. Congratulations to you too!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations ! Which all books you referred?
Kisner, physical rehabilitation by O ' Sullivan, Goodman's differential diagnoses, Orthopedic physical assessment by Magee and Muscles by Kendall

Congratulations to everyone who passed. It's a big achievement. I'm so glad to hear so many people passed this time. Great.

Last edited:
Hi guys, so I passed the NPTE last April, I applied in NY..does anybody here have any idea how long will the license be posted on NYSED website? Thanks

the textbooks are the key. these exams are not easy. if you want to get an over all idea of any topic, textbooks are must.

I understand your point but these are huge textbooks, and it's time-consuming to read every page of these books. The whole point of the review books is to condense all the essential information into one book so you don't have to read 1000-page textbooks.

I understand your point but these are huge textbooks, and it's time-consuming to read every page of these books. The whole point of the review books is to condense all the essential information into one book so you don't have to read 1000-page textbooks.

But some chapter's in O'Sullivan Rehab are great to read. The stroke/SCI chapters are VERY important and at least were on the PEATs.

Hi guys, so I passed the NPTE last April, I applied in NY..does anybody here have any idea how long will the license be posted on NYSED website? Thanks
I called NYSED, they mentioned 3-4 weeks from the day of exam.

I called yesterday, the person said that they need my Visa to release my license.. so I emailed them right away my PR card and called again to ask how long it will take for my name to be posted and they said to wait till the end of the day..It's the second day now and still waiting...:(

Really that is surprising. They emailed me last week asking same and sent it same day. Its been one week and no updates yet.

YES, i will call them may be tomorrow or after a day or so. we need to follow up to have it up soon.

:) I breathed a sight of relief now knowing that we have the same issue..

Reactions: 1 user