Apta membership and pt oath

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrePTguy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious for those who are in pt or pta as to when should the apta membership be done. Nothing in my packet states a deadline and apta said that you can do it anytime. I would need to apply as a student though.

My other question is the PT oath that must be recited at my orientation. Does it have to me memorized or do I just recite it word for word from a pt?

Members don't see this ad.

These are questions for your program. At my program we had to have our APTA membership by a certain date....but you just sign up on line, its not a long process (they mail a card a few weeks later but you can see your membership status online as soon as you do it). As for the oath, we just read it off a paper they gave us, but again you should ask your program. Whoever is in charge of orientation should know this information.

Just a thought for future posts, if you're asking about deadlines as per your program chances are you won't get the answers on here because the vast majority is not in your program.

I didn't know their was a PT oath...huh...

Either way, as was said above, just call your program and ask these questions. Not sure why you thought people who go to other schools would be able to answer these for you.