Are interviews ever held on the weekends?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I need to know whether I should schedule a weekend retreat or not. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

im not sure of the answer... i dont think they do

but regardless are you going to put your entire life on hold for the next 6 moths just on the off chance you get an interview that day?? I think most schools are flexible enough.

im not sure of the answer... i dont think they do

but regardless are you going to put your entire life on hold for the next 6 moths just on the off chance you get an interview that day?? I think most schools are flexible enough.

agreed, go on the retreat.

and i have never heard of a weekend interview... in fact i would bet they don't exist, simply because the people that run the thing/give tours/talks are all university staff with regular work weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
agreed, go on the retreat.

and i have never heard of a weekend interview... in fact i would bet they don't exist, simply because the people that run the thing/give tours/talks are all university staff with regular work weeks.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. However, I think my state school just sets up interviews with physicians in the local city so you don't have to travel and this could be any day. The retreat was is in October and is like 3 or 4 days, so that's a prime time for interviews.

I have an interview on Saturday. I don't think it's common, though.

University of Kentucky does Saturday interviews. Its not common though.

Go to your retreat and if you get an interview for those exact days just reschedule.

Saturday interviews are very rare. Most schools want you to interview while school is going on so you'll be able to talk to students during your trip.