Are interviews generally all done by now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedSox143

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's school specific but I was complete early August and have heard absolutely nothing. Any good stories out there of people still getting interviews anywhere?

Don't feel like posting stats and where I applied and everything I just want to see if anyone interviewed at MD schools later than January ? Thx

Members don't see this ad.

People have certainly interviewed thru March.

It is school dependent, like you said, but no, it's not over until it's over.

Also, your MDapps shows the 2002 cycle. What's up with that?

Phew okay I feel like it's getting down to the wire, and I have no idea what's up with "my" mdapps I never entered any info nor do I know how to change it. Weird.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to your profile, and select preferences. Scroll down to where it says "Mdapps" and "DDapps" IDs, and clear those fields.

And, to be honest, it is getting down to the wire. People have certainly interviewed thru March, as I said, but keep in mind that the volume of applicants who do so is much less numerous.

By now, schools have a very good portion of interview slots/seats filled, so, yes, it is relatively late in the cycle. It's not impossible, but it's also not terrible to start thinking about next application cycle. Do this by combing through your entire application with someone who knows what this cycle is. Go to the WAMC thread, and write everything out. Without details, nobody can help you.

If you have anything to update schools on now's the time to send it!

Reactions: 1 user
Go to your profile, and select preferences. Scroll down to where it says "Mdapps" and "DDapps" IDs, and clear those fields.

And, to be honest, it is getting down to the wire. People have certainly interviewed thru March, as I said, but keep in mind that the volume of applicants who do so is much less numerous.

By now, schools have a very good portion of interview slots/seats filled, so, yes, it is relatively late in the cycle. It's not impossible, but it's also not terrible to start thinking about next application cycle. Do this by combing through your entire application with someone who knows what this cycle is. Go to the WAMC thread, and write everything out. Without details, nobody can help you.

Guessing silent rejections are pretty common...

Most schools are done with interviews at this point and are sorting their applicants for final-pool/waitlist, but certain schools like Tufts will continue to interview until the end of March.

My #1 is UMass and I feel like I don't know of too many people having any contact from them specifically

My #1 is UMass and I feel like I don't know of too many people having any contact from them specifically

I'm interviewing there next week. They're notoriously slow...

Check the school specific thread for more info.

Great point, I have a lot to update I think I will. Thx

If you had a lot to update them on then you should have done so earlier. It certainly wouldn't have hurt your application. I would try doing so as soon as possible.

Most schools are done with interviews at this point and are sorting their applicants for final-pool/waitlist, but certain schools like Tufts will continue to interview until the end of March.

This is false.

Last edited:
And for my DO school, we go into April, and sometimes even May!

I know it's school specific but I was complete early August and have heard absolutely nothing. Any good stories out there of people still getting interviews anywhere?

Don't feel like posting stats and where I applied and everything I just want to see if anyone interviewed at MD schools later than January ? Thx

Reactions: 1 user
Invitations to interview are pretty much done.
Interviews will go on for a while.

This is school dependent, no? It's jan and some schools go till april. I'm guessing there are lots of withdrawals and some scrambling towards the end to get people into open slots.

I know for a fact that UASOM does not look at re-applicants till after the new year. So naturally they will not extend II's to those individuals till late January and into early Febuary.

I know for a fact that UASOM does not look at re-applicants till after the new year. So naturally they will not extend II's to those individuals till late January and into early Febuary.

Thankfully not a reapplicant but that's very interesting do you think that is more common than that school?

This is school dependent, no? It's jan and some schools go till april. I'm guessing there are lots of withdrawals and some scrambling towards the end to get people into open slots.
Yes, it varies by region (and by software upgrade!).
Some schools fill withdrawals, others, less so.

Thankfully not a reapplicant but that's very interesting do you think that is more common than that school?

The best answer that I can give you is that dreaded "I don't know reply". The question that you are asking is multivariable on so many fronts e.g. how good of an applicant you are vs the pool, letters of rec, MCAT score, GPA, residency status, and extra curriculars. Not to mention how each individual school handles the admissions process. Have faith and confidence in the application that you submitted if it does not work out this time around, find out weaknesses and kill it next cycle.