Are math classes figured into the science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meadow36

UF CVM 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I tried to do a search on this but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. Can anyone tell me exactly which classes figure into your science GPA? (obviously bio/science, but what about math and chemistry?)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe most schools do include math...at least the ones I applied to.

I know Illinois does include all math classes into science GPA calculation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think so. Chemistry definitely is and math is described as 'the language of science' so I would assume yes, it would be included. It's just as important to be able to calculate a dose as to know what the drug does.

Though generally that's not exactly higher math, but you get the point.

Illinois included the "extra" math courses I took - logic sets and proofs & linear algebra - in the science GPA, but did not include chemistry research... you figure that one out...

Illinois included the "extra" math courses I took - logic sets and proofs & linear algebra - in the science GPA, but did not include chemistry research... you figure that one out...

They didn't count both of my chemistry research classes either. But they were only 1 credit worth each(for 15hr/week!!!) It is kinda weird that scientific RESEARCH is not part of science GPA to them though. :)