are post-bac programs any good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deedee2344

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have no coursework in psychology and so am interested in getting into a post-bac program for psychology. Is any one familiar with these programs (such as the one at Columbia)? Also, how difficult are these post-bac programs to get into? Do they have good placement in PhD programs?

FYI, I understand that I might have to take one or two intro psych classes on my own time before applying for a post-bac program.

Any info and help for this non-traditional applicant is greatly appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have no coursework in psychology and so am interested in getting into a post-bac program for psychology. Is any one familiar with these programs (such as the one at Columbia)? Also, how difficult are these post-bac programs to get into? Do they have good placement in PhD programs?

FYI, I understand that I might have to take one or two intro psych classes on my own time before applying for a post-bac program.

Any info and help for this non-traditional applicant is greatly appreciated! :)

I don't know anything about post-bac programs, but taking a general set of introductory courses through a reputable university would probably be similar if you want to expand your options a little. In 1-2 years you could take enough, and it would also be important to get some research experience while you are there.