Are PT applications more likely to be up or down this cycle due to COVID-19?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlabamaPT2021

Reaction score
Interested in people's thoughts on this question

Members don't see this ad.

Interested in people's thoughts on this question

I had heard from someone initially that the applications were going to be down, but based off my peers and looking on here..it seems as though they are up but thats just my opinion. what do you think?

At first I thought apps would decrease buttttt I actually believe more people are going to/ have applied this cycle. Historically, in times of economic crisis college applications rise because it gets harder for people to hold a job without a degree or get a promotion with their level of degree. Now if you look in the premed field there's been a NOTICEABLE increase in med school applications this year according to the AAMC website (they said overall like 17% more applicants than usual while one school had a 35% increase in apps this year o_O ) so I imagine its the same for PT school applications. Lol I'm a data nerd but ngl I definitely thought COVID would in a weird way increase my chances of getting in but now idk lol I'm just going to worry about myself