Are reading comprehension paragraphs numbered?

Todafullest

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I would want to ask people who took the OAT recently.
Are the paragraphs numbered in reading comprehension passage?

Thank You in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I believe they are because sometimes the questions will specifically indicate which paragraph they are referring to. For example, the question will start off "According to paragraph 3..."

I don't think they are numbered from what I can remember. What I did was use my scratch board and listed the paragraph numbers and next to it, wrote a few words about the topic of the paragraph, as I read through the passage. An example would be if the passage was about… dinosaurs.. then I would write: 1) Intro about origin of dinosaurs 2) Carnivorous vs herbivorous dinosaurs? 3) Defense mechanisms. etc… That helped me a lot because instead of skimming through the passage to look for the answer to a question, I can think "okay this question is about diet" so I quickly go to paragraph 2.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks so much that helps a lot!!

I don't think they are numbered from what I can remember. What I did was use my scratch board and listed the paragraph numbers and next to it, wrote a few words about the topic of the paragraph, as I read through the passage. An example would be if the passage was about… dinosaurs.. then I would write: 1) Intro about origin of dinosaurs 2) Carnivorous vs herbivorous dinosaurs? 3) Defense mechanisms. etc… That helped me a lot because instead of skimming through the passage to look for the answer to a question, I can think "okay this question is about diet" so I quickly go to paragraph 2.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user