Are there actually schools who interview anyone over certain stats thresholds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zakimran23

Reaction score
I was reading a few threads on the site and it seems that there are certain schools that will interview anyone over a certain stats threshold. This happens more often for state schools extending interviews to in-state applicants, however, it seems that there are some schools such as Kansas that apparently interview anyone with over a 500 MCAT and 3.5 GPA. Are there actually schools that do this?

Members don't see this ad.

Here's the website for Kansas. It applies only to Kansas applicants. (Confirmed at a webinar I attended.)

Are there any other schools like this other than Kansas. It seems like while they have an in-state bias, they interview a lot of OOS students with no tie as with "ok" stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
If they auto-interview over specific stats, it's only for in-state. What they do for OOS is a different story. No school will auto-interview everyone over a specific statistics threshold unless it's a new DO school that has trouble finding qualified applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
Are there any other schools like this other than Kansas. It seems like while they have an in-state bias, they interview a lot of OOS students with no tie as with "ok" stats.
I only go with what had been told to me, and these rules apply just to in-state applicants or those who demonstrate a strong connection with the state.