Are there any websites or resources for finding moonlighting opportunities as an attending?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hieusays

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently work 4 days a week and my job is really easy. I'm wondering if there's a place I can find moonlighting opportunities to work Fri-Sun or PRN telemed opportunities. I'm in Oklahoma.

Members don't see this ad.

I currently work 4 days a week and my job is really easy. I'm wondering if there's a place I can find moonlighting opportunities to work Fri-Sun or PRN telemed opportunities. I'm in Oklahoma.

Started looking into this for telemed. First hurdle is obtaining multiple state licenses that seems to be a pre-req for a lot of the part time jobs. Google search telemedicine physician jobs, part-time filter on under “job type” to find these. Seems like NY, GA, TX, and CA are mostly desired given higher population concentrations. Some of them are easy to obtain with little extra work beyond filling out history. TX is a ****show with how many steps are involved with getting old employers to send in forms, fingerprint check, legal test (easy but annoying).

Members don't see this ad :)
Have not heard anything like that since I've been in medicine. Count your blessing, my friend!

I guess there are some unicorn jobs in medicine after all...

Have not heard anything like that since I've been in medicine. Count your blessing, my friend!

I guess there are some unicorn jobs in medicine after all...
Not that rare. I'm quite happy in my current job. So is @Blue Dog and I suspect @AMEHigh is as well. Probably @Bacchus too.

Reactions: 3 users
Not that rare. I'm quite happy in my current job. So is @Blue Dog and I suspect @AMEHigh is as well. Probably @Bacchus too.

Yes!
Since I take care of mostly un and under-insured patients, most of my frustrations stem from the system and lack of options for my patients. Hence my advocacy work. But overall I love my full time job and my patients.

Reactions: 1 user