Are we required to update our application in the winter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WilliamC93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Up through this summer, I've held my grades consistently high and have a strong application currently GPA and DAT wise. However, I'm kind of losing drive and motivation. It might be the beginnings of depression or something, but I just can't seem to do well in my classes this term so far. Its just weird to be the top in my class in O-chem last year, and now I can barely pass any of my Biochem quizzes. Its making my quite nervous about Dental school as I will not be able to make it through if this lack of motivation continues. I bet I'll get **** straight before that time, but it may take me over a term to do so. So say I don't do so hot this term, I won't really be wanting to be updating my application. Is it something they require or highly recommend? Also, say I get accepted before grades come out. I assume updates won't be necessary? Lastly, do I need to keep my grades up after I get accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

You still have to do academic updates after you're accepted, and you have to get a c (really you should aim for a b-) for most of your prereqs for a school to not rescind your acceptance. They want you to be staying on the same trend grade wise

dont sweat it. i know several ppl in my interviews that are also going through the same biochem struggles. they cant rescind all of us!

Shoot ok, well I guess that should keep pushing me to try then haha. Did not foresee biochem to be all math! Maths is dum!