Are you happy with your school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ladentista007

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
There was a thread like this made about 9-10 years ago but since then, I am sure a lot of schools have revamped administration, clinics, academics, etc. So for current students, are you happy with where you are going or went to?
I am curious to see how the responses differ from 10 years ago.

Also list the school you go to!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes...Happy with my school. I was a little hesitant at first because I was just following the sig. other, but I'm happy at my school. I'm sure I would have been just as happy or happier at the other schools that I turned down last minute as long as the wifie was with me.

Reactions: 1 users
nope. i shouldn't be paying close to 100,000 to teach myself dentistry via the internet. overall an o.k. school, but i expect more for what i'm paying.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to start this in a week or two! :p. I just finished my orientation week, too early to say. I like it so far, but lets see how the teaching staff is.

nope. i shouldn't be paying close to 100,000 to teach myself dentistry via the internet. overall an o.k. school, but i expect more for what i'm paying.

NYU right?

Don't they have tutors?

Could you explain ....

Reactions: 1 user
Too early to bash my school haha I'll come back to this thread in another 4 years and let you know

From the perspective of finishing my first year, I love my school. It's been challenging, of course, and sometimes professors make you upset, but all in all I've had a wonderful experience. I really enjoy that we started in the clinics in spring of our first year, it was nice to get some patient experience.

From the perspective of finishing my first year, I love my school. It's been challenging, of course, and sometimes professors make you upset, but all in all I've had a wonderful experience. I really enjoy that we started in the clinics in spring of our first year, it was nice to get some patient experience.

Which school do you attend?

Currently attending the University of Pittsburgh. Absolutely love it so far and am very happy with my choice to come here.

I go to Louisville and love it. Most of the staff are good. Obviously there are some that suck and are awful but the majority are helpful and smart. The facilities area amazing also

Members don't see this ad :)

Should be mandatory to state which school you go to for this thread, when replying. Toothdriller you can't leave us in suspense like this, where do you go??

Reactions: 2 users
Absolutely LOVE my school (University of Kentucky). Extremely helpful faculty who are more than willing to go out of their way to help, tons of resources available, amazing sim clinic. As an out of state student, I have felt the atmosphere here is great and everyone is extremely friendly. Its almost family like to be honest.

Hate my school...lots of profs who can't speak English well..lots of profs who sux at teaching and lots of profs who don't care about teaching (they just want some time to pass during retirement lol)

Didactics are terrible..they teach us a lot of useless stuff and sux at teaching the stuff that's important..profs don't like to post slides either

Administration is useless and talk nice but don't give a jack about our concerns. School cares only about $$$ and is very disorganized.

Thing that sux is that my class is infamous for being the most cutthroat/competitve class with a reputation for throwing one another under the bus. Lots of backstabbers and cheaters as well.

Overall, I hate my school. Wish I had applied earlier, so I wouldn't have had to come here

Hate my school...lots of profs who can't speak English well..lots of profs who sux at teaching and lots of profs who don't care about teaching (they just want some time to pass during retirement lol)

Didactics are terrible..they teach us a lot of useless stuff and sux at teaching the stuff that's important..profs don't like to post slides either

Administration is useless and talk nice but don't give a jack about our concerns. School cares only about $$$ and is very disorganized.

Thing that sux is that my class is infamous for being the most cutthroat/competitve class with a reputation for throwing one another under the bus. Lots of backstabbers and cheaters as well.

Overall, I hate my school. Wish I had applied earlier, so I wouldn't have had to come here

You talk a lot of crap.

How the hell is your feedback worth anything, if we don't know which school you attend doctor

Reactions: 2 users

Sounds like people I know from my school that I love. You can never learn the amount of dentistry you need to in class. You will get a lecture with tons of info and you have to go home and learn it yourself. I didn't even go to lecture because of how overwhelming it is. Just teach yourself on didactic courses. Class below me is also infamous for being bsckstabbers. It's cause they are. My class and previous classes have shared tons information with everyone and it's been good then the class under us talked to professors and administration out of selfish reasons. How sorry am I for them? I'm not at all.

You talk a lot of crap.

How the hell is your feedback worth anything, if we don't know which school you attend doctor
Just focus on getting into D-School budy. And stop making nasty comments all over the place.

Just focus on getting into D-School budy. And stop making nasty comments all over the place.

It would be nice to know which school you are going to, in order to avoid what you are going through....