Area around Wright State-Patterson AFB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metabolite

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks around WPS-

I will be at WSP as an elective student and need an advise regarding housing in the area. I was planning on either sublet/renting a room for one month as I will have to pay out of my own pocket. Anyone have any advise on where to stay away from, what are some preferred area, etc? Any input would be very helpful for me as I have never been into the state of OH. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You can try the Air Force Lodge which is directly across the street from the hospital. It's fairly nice, if you get a room in the tall building they have free high speed internet. I don't remember the price though, sorry.

You can try the Air Force Lodge which is directly across the street from the hospital. It's fairly nice, if you get a room in the tall building they have free high speed internet. I don't remember the price though, sorry.

I'd second this suggestion. You can't beat walking 300 feet to get to the hospital, and there's a golf course 300 feet in the other direction if you're into that sort of thing: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...301,-84.039391&spn=0.003346,0.010214&t=k&om=1

I was there in early 2001 and I think they had free "high speed modem" internet then. :) USUHS paid my bill, but IIRC the rates were pretty reasonable.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd second this suggestion. You can't beat walking 300 feet to get to the hospital, and there's a golf course 300 feet in the other direction if you're into that sort of thing: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...301,-84.039391&spn=0.003346,0.010214&t=k&om=1

I was there in early 2001 and I think they had free "high speed modem" internet then. :) USUHS paid my bill, but IIRC the rates were pretty reasonable.

I am going to be doing a rotation here next year, and I will be staying in the base lodging. I think the price that they quoted me was somwhere around $37/night. They told me there is a bed and pull out couch in each room..so a classmate of mine and I are going to split the room for the month. (We'll both be on IM--we'll never be there anyhow).

That sounds like a great idea. I definitely want somewhere I can walk over to the hospital. Thanks very much for suggestions!!!