Arizona Interview!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apaul

Some Dude
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I just got an email from Arizona inviting me for an interview. Wahoo!! They start on the 11th, mines on the 12th and they seem to be on mondays and tuesdays. What else would people wanna know. . . my app went out in the first mailing and I completed my secondary on Aug 1.

take luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the same email...but, I don't know when I'm going to interview yet. I've heard horror stories about ASDOH interviews...

hey man, seize the day :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
apaul said:
hey man, seize the day :laugh:
It would be nice if I could really live that way, but it makes a good name!

carpedm said:
It would be nice if I could really live that way, but it makes a good name!

wish you all luck.

whoa, I'm gonna be flying on the 5th anniversary of 9/11 :scared:

good luck both of you! I hope I can get an interview there..

Congrats to those that got interviews here! Last year the school received 3,000+ applications, and applications are up 30% already from this time last year. Just getting an interview is a huge accomplishment!

You'll love it here!

I have not received any notice whatsoever from Arizona that they have received my application or whether it is under review. My application was sent out from AADSAS on the first mailing in July and i have heard from all other schools. I am going to call them tomorrow but I am just wondering if anyone else is in a similar position. Any suggestions?

I have not received any notice whatsoever from Arizona that they have received my application or whether it is under review. My application was sent out from AADSAS on the first mailing in July and i have heard from most all other schools. I am going to call them tomorrow but I am just wondering if anyone else is in a similar position. Any suggestions?

:
bnducd said:
I have not received any notice whatsoever from Arizona that they have received my application or whether it is under review. My application was sent out from AADSAS on the first mailing in July and i have heard from all other schools. I am going to call them tomorrow but I am just wondering if anyone else is in a similar position. Any suggestions?

I almost had the same situation. I send my application a while ago. I called them. They were very nice and told me that they have send me the secondary application in the begining of August and the reason that I have not received it yet is that sometimes their mail get cut in spam. :confused:

So to make the story short, they send me the secondary application again. :)

Desert

ItsGavinC said:
Congrats to those that got interviews here! Last year the school received 3,000+ applications, and applications are up 30% already from this time last year. Just getting an interview is a huge accomplishment!

You'll love it here!

Gavin,
Is ASDOH increasing the number of spots for the 2007 class?

COngrat to the people who got interview for ASDOH. The school is very nice and the facilities are very new and high tech. About the interview, do not worry about it, just be yourself, smile, and if you don't know the answer of a question, just admit you are not aware of it and know about the politics..that helps. I didn't have any idea about the interview and how hard it might be, but I did pretty well and got accepted. So relax and be prepared for any kind of questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
RockstarDMD said:
Gavin,
Is ASDOH increasing the number of spots for the 2007 class?

Yeah (I nearly forgot that!). I believe they plan on adding 26 more spots, for a total of 80. So those of you applying will have a slightly better chance this year I suppose!

ItsGavinC said:
Yeah (I nearly forgot that!). I believe they plan on adding 26 more spots, for a total of 80. So those of you applying will have a slightly better chance this year I suppose!

Does this mean they will be increasing the number of interviews as well?

RockstarDMD said:
Does this mean they will be increasing the number of interviews as well?

I know this is a little off topic, but for all of you who submitted your secondary already. I'm having trouble with my 2nd essay about "why ASDOH." I guess I feel that I'm just writing a bunch of flattery and stuff they already know about themselves. ....sigh.... did anyone else feel this way? I guess I'll be pressing on.

carpedm said:
Just got the same email...but, I don't know when I'm going to interview yet. I've heard horror stories about ASDOH interviews...

just curious, what are some of the horror stories?

bwestern said:
just curious, what are some of the horror stories?
These are some examples of the questions that were asked in interviews:
"What are 3 countries that border Afghanistan?"
"What are two substances recently banned by professional baseball?"
"Last week there was a story in the news about an airliner that had a problem. What was the problem? Which airline was it? Where was it flying to,from?"

Then there's the "group activity" at the beginning of the interview where you work in a group (of fellow interviewees) to complete a task while the interviewers watch.
Last of all, the manual dexterity portion of the interview (your guess is as good as mine what this is).

I guess it's the price you have to pay to go to the school you want. If this gets me in to ASDOH then it will be worth it.

carpedm said:
These are some examples of the questions that were asked in interviews:

correction: these were rumored to be interview questions.

Hey there. For all you people interviewing at ASDOH, I am a current female dental student there, who would be possibly willing to have you stay in my home in Gilbert while you are here for your interview. PM me for more details.

take luck everyone!

If I were on the admissions committee here at ASDOH, I'd let you in based solely on the Brian Regan reference.