Arizona Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alextron

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has anything to say pros/cons/comments about the two AZ programs (Univ. of Arizona or Maricopa). Any info would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard great things about both programs...maricopa has a great reputation as a community/county type experience, U of A as a more tertiary/academic program but with plenty of clinical experience. Both see tons of Spanish-speaking patients and have lots of fun things to do outdoors around the city. Cost of living is reasonable for both programs. Phoenix is of course a much larger city than Tucson with the accompanying traffic, trauma, and smog. But Tucson has the psycho armed nursing students, (so be very nice to the nursing students if you go down there.) The Tucson program is probably the more well-respected program, but I have also heard some people put Maricopa on their "top ten" lists. I anticipate Tucson will be among my top three, I'll let you know more after my interviews. I haven't heard any negative rumors about either program. Have you interviewed there yet?

Thanks for the info desperado. I'm not currently in the application phase (that will be next year - can't wait)... Just wanted to see if anyone had any experiences they wanted to share.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any info is good info... and is always appreciated. Thanks!