Army-Baylor DPT prereqs while on active duty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LiftRinseRepeat

Reaction score
I have done as much research as I possibly can with the exception of speaking to the school itself. I am active duty and very interested in this program, for those of you who have done your pre-reqs while active duty how did you accomplish the labs in person? There is a community college near my current duty station that offers all of these labs both in-person and online, but with my current job it would be near impossible to attend night courses in-person. Would the online labs matter if it is coming from a community college?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Late response, but per program information from PTCAS:

"In person labs are required for the following prerequisite courses: Anatomy, Physiology, General Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. Online labs are typically not accepted. Hybrid formats that deliver didactics online and labs in person are acceptable. Prerequisite courses are listed in semester hour requirements. Course credits awarded in different formats must be equivalent to the semester hour requirement.

Note for the 2022-2023 application cycle: For lab components taken from Spring 2020 to Fall 2022, online labs are acceptable from institutions that temporarily transitioned online to reduce COVID-19 transmissions."

While I can't speak to the Army side of things (I'm AF), I was able to coordinate a modified schedule to attend labs at my local university. I was working swing shift (1500-0000) and authorized late reporting on lab days. I expressed my goals to leadership early-on and we set some performance metric goals. I always exceeded those goals, and they cleared me to late report.

Late response, but per program information from PTCAS:

"In person labs are required for the following prerequisite courses: Anatomy, Physiology, General Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. Online labs are typically not accepted. Hybrid formats that deliver didactics online and labs in person are acceptable. Prerequisite courses are listed in semester hour requirements. Course credits awarded in different formats must be equivalent to the semester hour requirement.

Note for the 2022-2023 application cycle: For lab components taken from Spring 2020 to Fall 2022, online labs are acceptable from institutions that temporarily transitioned online to reduce COVID-19 transmissions."

While I can't speak to the Army side of things (I'm AF), I was able to coordinate a modified schedule to attend labs at my local university. I was working swing shift (1500-0000) and authorized late reporting on lab days. I expressed my goals to leadership early-on and we set some performance metric goals. I always exceeded those goals, and they cleared me to late report.
Your response is very much appreciated. I did not know hybrid classes were accepted, and being that the local community college offers this it does give me some hope. My only other option is to seperate, use the GI bill for DPT, and attempt to reenter service. My age is the only concern based on this plan I will graduate DPT at 41, very risky. I very much appreciate your advice!