Arriving at the Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TIGIBedHead

Fever to Tell
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. So my admission ticket says to be there by 8am. I'm guessing this is when the administrative procedures begin, and the actual exam will start a bit later?

Members don't see this ad.

Yea of course. The actual test wont begin until 830 or so. When you get in, you'll line up and give/show them your ticket and show them whatever else you need to at the front table, then find your seat and wait until everyone's done. I took the april test and a couple of left handed test takers accidentally came to our room and it took a while for them to find out where they should have been. So if you're a lefty, make sure you know where to go!

aung said:
Yea of course. The actual test wont begin until 830 or so. When you get in, you'll line up and give/show them your ticket and show them whatever else you need to at the front table, then find your seat and wait until everyone's done. I took the april test and a couple of left handed test takers accidentally came to our room and it took a while for them to find out where they should have been. So if you're a lefty, make sure you know where to go!

Thanks. Hehe, I imagine the lefties would have messed up the seating order. The room where I'm taking it has long tables, not individual desks, so lefties shouldn't have a problem. I'm a righty though =)

Another procedure-related question: If you have to go to the bathroom during the exam, do you give your booklet to the proctor and pick it up when you return? Also, do you have to ask to go, or just get up and go?

I'm anticipating possible scenarios :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Bhavesh said:
So to be safe, arrive by ~7:30?
If you're there by 7:30am you're fine. Im not gonna talk to anyone personally, gonna be a loner. People talking about the exam tend to mess me up.

TIGIBedHead said:
Thanks. Hehe, I imagine the lefties would have messed up the seating order. The room where I'm taking it has long tables, not individual desks, so lefties shouldn't have a problem. I'm a righty though =)

Another procedure-related question: If you have to go to the bathroom during the exam, do you give your booklet to the proctor and pick it up when you return? Also, do you have to ask to go, or just get up and go?

Once you're out thats it for that section buddy...so u better do u bussiness b4 each section starts :)

TIGIBedHead said:

I'm not sure I remember correctly but I think you have to let a proctor know you need to go to the bathroom and he/she will look after your test for you. But unless the scenario presents itself, I suggest that you to the bathroom right before the section starts. While a full bladder might mess up your concentration, you lose precious time by going to the bathroom during a section. Being a guy, I've held it for longer times before and I'll be damned if I can't hold it during the MCATs.

aung said:
I'm not sure I remember correctly but I think you have to let a proctor know you need to go to the bathroom and he/she will look after your test for you. But unless the scenario presents itself, I suggest that you to the bathroom right before the section starts. While a full bladder might mess up your concentration, you lose precious time by going to the bathroom during a section. Being a guy, I've held it for longer times before and I'll be damned if I can't hold it during the MCATs.

Thanks aung. I'm gonna try to get a seat on the side near the front of the room, just in case. :) Hopefully it doesn't come to that though. Good luck!