ASDA Pre-dental Days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kurk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering going to the one at Case this year. Does anyone want to share their experience with these events and if they're worth the cost and time?

Is it possible that adcom faculty will be there doing preliminary screening of potential candidates or am I being too neurotic? Case is a top choice for me, but then again I'm only a freshman.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm considering going to the one at Case this year. Does anyone want to share their experience with these events and if they're worth the cost and time?

Is it possible that adcom faculty will be there doing preliminary screening of potential candidates or am I being too neurotic? Case is a top choice for me, but then again I'm only a freshman.
At Colorado, attendance and/or attitude at them can definitely affect your admissions status. Attendance at multiple events is seen as a pretty big positive. Rude or otherwise unprofessional behavior can be a negative. They will save your name and look for your application when it comes in to make notes based on that experience. They don't always do it, but I know for sure it has happened multiple times for multiple students- on both sides of that.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have to choose at registration if I want a mock interview or not. Should I as a freshman? I haven't really constructed what I'm going to say and I don't have any experience/volunteering/shadowing to justify anything. Will it hurt me if I do it without these aspects or should I wait until a later year?

I have to choose at registration if I want a mock interview or not. Should I as a freshman? I haven't really constructed what I'm going to say and I don't have any experience/volunteering/shadowing to justify anything. Will it hurt me if I do it without these aspects or should I wait until a later year?
I think the sooner you start, the better. It's not always about the answers you say, it is also how comfortable you feel in the setting. Work on interviewing in general for now and as you gain experience, add that in for any future mock interviews you do. Best case scenario, you feel like a pro by the time you start your real interviews. Wouldn't hurt either way... unless there is an additional cost that you don't have. Then maybe hold off for now.

Reactions: 1 user
At Pitt it was always a fun event, and gave you some cool exposure to dentistry, but we never were really keeping track of names or anything. We did have an under-grad ASDA chapter, and being a part of that and making contacts always helps.

At Roseman, our faculty and deans are in attendance for 'sim course,' previously called 'pre-dental day.' I personally, only know of instances where pre-dental attendance had a positive effect on future acceptance/enrollment. It shows you are interested in that particular school, and that you want to take advantage of opportunities to interact/get to know the school better.