ASDOH Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Members don't see this ad :)
it doesn't matter, because if it were ranked, there would be no way of knowing where you are ranked
trust the process...

Yea I agree, but also I do see them going more towards out of state than in state.

Yea I agree, but also I do see them going more towards out of state than in state.
it's a private school, it doesn't matter whether they choose someone in state or out of state
trust the process, not confirmation bias...

Hi everyone! I am interviewing with ASDOH tomorrow, 1/26.. Would really appreciate if anyone had any advice or opinions about the interview process! Thanks and wish the best of luck to everyone.

Hi everyone! I am interviewing with ASDOH tomorrow, 1/26.. Would really appreciate if anyone had any advice or opinions about the interview process! Thanks and wish the best of luck to everyone.

Tbh, it’s less scary than what it seems. Be yourself and be positive, always remember why public health and giving back is important for you and you’ll do great

Reactions: 1 users
Tbh, it’s less scary than what it seems. Be yourself and be positive, always remember why public health and giving back is important for you and you’ll do great
yeah the interview is super chill even though a bit long. the nearly guaranteed waitlist that comes afterwards is not so chill

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! For those of you who got out of the waitlist or got accepted do you remember who called you?

Hi everyone! This is super random but I have a nose piercing. It’s a very small stud but is it something I should take out before my in- person interview day? Or I know they asked us to bring masks so should I just keep my mask on the whole day?

Hi everyone! This is super random but I have a nose piercing. It’s a very small stud but is it something I should take out before my in- person interview day? Or I know they asked us to bring masks so should I just keep my mask on the whole day?

The mask is for you to use when you go into the clinic where you see patients. But I wouldn’t keep it on the whole time. I would personally remove it just in case they do care about things like that (some people do some don’t care).

Does anyone know if ASDOH likes letters of intent (I was waitlisted on 12/15)?

Hi guys! When you interview at ASDOH, when do they let you know if u got accepted or waitlisted? For example if I were to interview Feb 9th(which I am), when would I know? Goodluck everyone and CONGRATSSS to those that are in!

Hi guys! When you interview at ASDOH, when do they let you know if u got accepted or waitlisted? For example if I were to interview Feb 9th(which I am), when would I know? Goodluck everyone and CONGRATSSS to those that are in!
They usually will tell you when to expect a response if you interview in Feb

Just received a rejection email. I interviewed last Thursday, 2/9. Can't say I'm surprised honestly. They interview so many students... and it kinda felt like the interviewers weren't interested in me for some reason.

Just received a rejection email. I interviewed last Thursday, 2/9. Can't say I'm surprised honestly. They interview so many students... and it kinda felt like the interviewers weren't interested in me for some reason.
Sorry to hear about that… why do you think that? how do you think your interview went?

It's fine. Wasn't meant to be! Just the vibes I got from the interview. They would just ask a question, I would answer, then they would move on to the next. Something felt off idk. It's hard to stand out when they interview so many applicants. Also in the group presentation, there were one or two dominant speakers that made it hard to contribute to the conversation. They would just go on and on and on... not my best interview experience.

It's fine. Wasn't meant to be! Just the vibes I got from the interview. They would just ask a question, I would answer, then they would move on to the next. Something felt off idk. It's hard to stand out when they interview so many applicants. Also in the group presentation, there were one or two dominant speakers that made it hard to contribute to the conversation. They would just go on and on and on... not my best interview experience.
I'm sorry to hear that! I loved my interview experience at ASDOH and is what made me want to go here, but it is hard when there's dominant speakers in the group presentation as well as who you have interviewing you.

Waitlist email at 12:30pm. Interviewed 2/9 virtual

then how does it work?
schools do not interview to meet a "quota"
they have limited time, resources, and manpower.
no way they would interview to go through the motions
they either have seats or waitlist spots to fill...

schools do not interview to meet a "quota"
they have limited time, resources, and manpower.
no way they would interview to go through the motions
they either have seats or waitlist spots to fill...
interviewing 18 people in one day this late in the cycle when there are only very few available spots and a long waitlist seems like they have time, resources, and all the manpower to waste in my opinion. Wish they were more transparent.

interviewing 18 people in one day this late in the cycle when there are only very few available spots and a long waitlist seems like they have time, resources, and all the manpower to waste in my opinion. Wish they were more transparent.
that's not what you said previously...

Are they still sending out interviews, does anyone know?

Waited 02/21, Virtual interview conducted 02/09. But that’s ok, just got accepted to UWSOD and accepted. Goodluck guys❤️

When the class is full will they let those on the waitlist know?

When the class is full will they let those on the waitlist know?

I hope they send out rejections once it’s full so that I can finalize if I have to move out of state or not..

on march 1st ADEA reports those who are holding deposits at multiple schools so spots will open up!

Reactions: 2 users
Are those people who are holding multiple spots required to only choose one/drop the others on march 1?
schools find out in march if people are holding more than one spot
they then notify the applicant that they know and have to give them at least 2 weeks to decide either way...

Hey everyone. I’ve been on the waitlist for a while now and haven’t seen anyone post about getting accepted. Out of curiosity did anyone get accepted after January?

• Hmm
Hey everyone. I’ve been on the waitlist for a while now and haven’t seen anyone post about getting accepted. Out of curiosity did anyone get accepted after January?

Been waitlisted since December 16th and still haven’t heard anything from them.

my friend got off the waitlist in January

Any new acceptances off the waitlist? 😅