ASHP Midyear 2012-Worth it? Advice please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

berrisweet712

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a PS3, and I know that I will be applying for a residency. I participated in research this summer that was submitted as an abstract for presentation at midyear in Las Vegas. It is looking very pricey, and I know that I will be attending next year. Is it important for me to go participate in the poster presentation, or is it enough that my name will be listed as an author on the poster? I am willing to spend the money if it will make a difference in my residency application that I actually presented the poster versus only having my name on it. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am a PS3, and I know that I will be applying for a residency. I participated in research this summer that was submitted as an abstract for presentation at midyear in Las Vegas. It is looking very pricey, and I know that I will be attending next year. Is it important for me to go participate in the poster presentation, or is it enough that my name will be listed as an author on the poster? I am willing to spend the money if it will make a difference in my residency application that I actually presented the poster versus only having my name on it. Thanks! :)

That really depends on how involved you want to be with your research project. Personally if you were first author, I would say you would have to go. But if you were just a second author or just helped with data collection and what not then it might not be as important. Again Midyear is a place where you can network, get to know people and especially if you want to get a residency, go to the showcase and get your feet wet a little bit this year so you know what to expect next year.