Asking ex-boyfriend for shadowing help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Evisju7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
He's a physician in an interesting specialty. He offered to let me shadow him (while we were still dating), but we ended up breaking up shortly after. I haven't spoken to him in a while, but we left things on good terms.

Do you think it would inappropriate to ask him for recommendations on who to shadow? (I'd rather not ask to come follow him around.. uncomfortable to say the least).

I don't know ANY other doctors as well. I don't see one single doctor regularly, so I don't even have that to go to.

Members don't see this ad.

This really has nothing to do with the fact that he's a doctor and all to do with the fact that he's your ex. It's simple. If you feel comfortable talking to him, ask. If you don't feel comfortable, don't.

Reactions: 1 user
This really has nothing to do with the fact that he's a doctor and all to do with the fact that he's your ex. It's simple. If you feel comfortable talking to him, ask. If you don't feel comfortable, don't.

Saying that makes me not want to ask for his help. Because I believe it's a professional contact, but I guess it really doesn't look that way at all. Inteeeeresting. (and me caring about how interprets it definitely doesn't help my point here.)

Members don't see this ad :)
You are the one who has known him for long; not anyone on this forum

There are plenty of other fish in the sea. And by fish I mean doctors you can cold call/email and ask if you can shadow them. :p

Reactions: 1 users
"Hi Mr ___, I'm Dr ____. I also have a student shadowing me today. She wants to go to medical school."

*turns toward patient with his back to you, putting one hand up to shield you from seeing his mouth move

"(whispering) I used to hit that."

Reactions: 6 users
"Hi Mr ___, I'm Dr ____. I also have a student shadowing me today. She wants to go to medical school."

*turns toward patient with his back to you, putting one hand up to shield you from seeing his mouth move

hilarious

:banana::banana::banana:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
yeah if i were you i would just try searching some docs at the local hospitals/medical schools and start e-mailing/calling. You never know how good the LOR will be based on the fact that your EXs doctor friend would be writing it, so thats awkward enough lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user