ASNI meeting (Jan 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnsmith130077

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

How important is the ASNI meeting? What is the standard of abstracts accepted in it? Does it carry any importance?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry guys. The question is How important is the American society of Neuroimaging meeting? What is the standard of abstracts accepted in it? Does it carry any importance?

The fact that two practicing neurologists couldn't recognize the acronym is fairly telling. The important neurology meetings are the AAN and the ANA. Other important meetings depend upon your particular supspecialization. You might ask on the radiology forum about this imaging conference to see if anyone has been to it or knows about typical abstracts.

Hey guys.

How important is the ASNI meeting? What is the standard of abstracts accepted in it? Does it carry any importance?

I used to love the ASN. I loved that journal they put out, too. I went to two (or three?) of their meetings as a resident (had an abstract accepted to each to snag resident funding for travel). I thought the idea of getting more neurologists into neuroimaging was fabulous. As I recall, the standard for abstract acceptance was not high; I always got away with an exotic case report. I got an acceptance at the American Academy of Sleep Medicine meeting the next year and was much more proud of the accomplishment.

That being said, there were great abstracts at the ASN meeting and some very good lectures on the basics of MRI, CT and ultrasound. If you have a chance to go and have an interest in neuroradiological studies I would definitely attend.

Are you a med student? Then yes. An abstract is an abstract at that level. And the value of your time will never be lower than it is now.