ASRO: Not iPad friendly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlphaBetaRatio

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off, whoever decided to call the ASTRO School of Radiation Oncology "ASRO" for short has a great sense of humor. :)

Also - just tried to access the Spring Refresher course on my iPad and realized that all past conferences/media content on the ASTRO/ASRO website are in Flash, so you can't access them. I wonder who we need to complain to in order to make the page iPad friendly?!

Members don't see this ad.

First off, whoever decided to call the ASTRO School of Radiation Oncology "ASRO" for short has a great sense of humor. :)

Also - just tried to access the Spring Refresher course on my iPad and realized that all past conferences/media content on the ASTRO/ASRO website are in Flash, so you can't access them. I wonder who we need to complain to in order to make the page iPad friendly?!

Ah, apple flash trouble just brings a smile to my face :).

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, just download the mp3's of each lecture and transfer them to your ipad. Then you can follow along on the slides. There's an option on pulldown menu to download each lecture as an mp3. I've made a library of all of the ASTRO talks so far so I can access them at any time offline!

Any chance residents have complimentary access to these audios/lecture slides?

Every time I come to a flash website on my ipad I feel like breaking it over my knee Bo Jackson style. There are some flash browsers available that will let you access flash video in the app store.

My opinion is that more people should make Bo Jackson references.
The iPhone/iPad is not terribly useful for work stuff, but it is indispensible for leisure.
S

Pewl - I see that you can download the audio, but how can you download the powerpoint slideshow? Otherwise it won't load on the iPad.

You ought to be able to download the powerpoint where it asks you an option if you want audio+powerpoint or the powerpoint alone. Try accessing it on a separate computer first. I tend to sync all of my stuff between my desktop pc, laptop, tablet, and phone using sugarsync. It's an awesome program!