Program-Specific Info / Q's AT Still-2016/17 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone been invited to an interview from AT Still yet?

(OTCAS verified mid Aug., supplemental app completed a few weeks later). Curious how their admissions cycle runs.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied around the same time and also filled out the supplemental app but haven't heard anything about an interview...

Thanks, that puts my mind at ease! Hopefully, we'll hear something soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck you guys! I currently attend school here and love it! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Got invited for an interview today! :):):) I will be going Oct 21 in the afternoon session.

Got invited for an interview today! :):):) I will be going Oct 21 in the afternoon session.
Congrats! That's great :) the best advice I can give is to just relax and be yourself. They have a packet of questions they ask and it's ok to ask for more time to answer! They are simple questions about why you want to be an OT and the different places you have observed. I hope this helps!

I got invited for an interview last week! Interviewing on November 11th

I got invited for an interview last week! Interviewing on November 11th
How long did it take from them receiving your supplemental app materials to when they contacted you? they received everything 10/3 for me and I'm getting impatient :)

How long did it take from them receiving your supplemental app materials to when they contacted you? they received everything 10/3 for me and I'm getting impatient :)

It was about a month for me...

It took them a little less than a month to get back to me

Members don't see this ad :)
It took them a little less than a month to get back to me
Thank you! I was surprised how fast midwestern got back to me. It was only a week, but the interview dates they offered me were already mid to late January. Seems like AT Still is a month or so out... hopefully.

Interviewed yesterday and feeling pretty good about it! It was my first grad school interview, and everyone was very welcoming!
Good luck!

Last edited:
Did u interview for masters or entry level docotorate ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

MOT :)

Last edited:
Thank you! I was surprised how fast midwestern got back to me. It was only a week, but the interview dates they offered me were already mid to late January. Seems like AT Still is a month or so out... hopefully.
I got pretty lucky with available interview dates as both schools will be in the same week!

Just got my invite today! December 9th morning session. So glad to have heard back

What kinds of questions are they asking this cycle?

That's awesome! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you submitted your application? Thanks!
Sure! I graduated from UW Seattle, but took most of my prerequisites after.
Cumulative GPA: 3.55
Prerequisite: 3.8
Natural science: 3.36
I took the GRE but didn't submit to AT Still, but I scored V: 152 Q: 144 (sigh) AW: 4
LORs from an OT who is also the director of a camp where I was the arts and crafts leader for 5 years, a hand OT I shadowed, a PT who is also my employer, a retired PT who worked 36 years at the clinic I work at, and an A&P professor.

My application was verified 9/27 and I submitted 10/2. Interview invite on 10/27 for 12/9

Sure! I graduated from UW Seattle, but took most of my prerequisites after.
Cumulative GPA: 3.55
Prerequisite: 3.8
Natural science: 3.36
I took the GRE but didn't submit to AT Still, but I scored V: 152 Q: 144 (sigh) AW: 4
LORs from an OT who is also the director of a camp where I was the arts and crafts leader for 5 years, a hand OT I shadowed, a PT who is also my employer, a retired PT who worked 36 years at the clinic I work at, and an A&P professor.

My application was verified 9/27 and I submitted 10/2. Interview invite on 10/27 for 12/9

Great, thank you & best of luck!

Hi!
I'm going to my AT STILL interview this Friday! I applied to BOTH Drot and Msot programs. Were there both types of interviewees at your interview? or just msot? Did you like to msot program? also, any advise for the interview would be appreciated! also...did you wear heals to the interview? :) any advise or comments would help! thanks so much!

Hi!
I'm going to my AT STILL interview this Friday! I applied to BOTH Drot and Msot programs. Were there both types of interviewees at your interview? or just msot? Did you like to msot program? also, any advise for the interview would be appreciated! also...did you wear heals to the interview? :) any advise or comments would help! thanks so much!

There were a mixture of OTD and MSOT. Someone I met there also applied for both and he called to ask which program the interview was for (or both?) and they told him they were interviewing him for OTD so maybe you should call and check to see which program they are interviewing you for. Also, I didn't wear heels but some people did. They do walk you around the building up and down stairs so whatever you wear just make sure you are comfortable. :) The interview day was quick and easy - first thing was an information session with the heads of both the OTD and MSOT programs. Then they broke us up into smaller groups of 3 and some people went on a tour, some had their interviews, and some went to meet with current students and then we rotated around. The interview itself was with two faculty members who asked questions from a packet. Good luck! :)

There were a mixture of OTD and MSOT. Someone I met there also applied for both and he called to ask which program the interview was for (or both?) and they told him they were interviewing him for OTD so maybe you should call and check to see which program they are interviewing you for. Also, I didn't wear heels but some people did. They do walk you around the building up and down stairs so whatever you wear just make sure you are comfortable. :) The interview day was quick and easy - first thing was an information session with the heads of both the OTD and MSOT programs. Then they broke us up into smaller groups of 3 and some people went on a tour, some had their interviews, and some went to meet with current students and then we rotated around. The interview itself was with two faculty members who asked questions from a packet. Good luck! :)
Thanks for the info!! :)
last question! did you come from the airport? I'll be flying in for the day and don't know if I should rent a car or try to uber/lyft to the campus. any thoughts? lol THANK YOU! :) ps. what did you think of the program?

Thanks for the info!! :)
last question! did you come from the airport? I'll be flying in for the day and don't know if I should rent a car or try to uber/lyft to the campus. any thoughts? lol THANK YOU! :) ps. what did you think of the program?

I flew in before the interview and rented a car. It's quite far from the airport I believe so it's really up to you. You might find a good deal on a rental car that will work out cheaper than taking an uber to/from Mesa. I really liked the program! I'm hoping to get in! Should be hearing back sometime this week or next. I was accepted to Midwestern but I'd rather go to ATSU because the tuition cost at ATSU is way cheaper. All the students I spoke with (past and present) were really happy with their experience at ATSU.

Has anybody been accepted yet?

Awaiting a decision. Interviewed 10/21!
It's occurred to me that perhaps ATSU and Midwestern have some form of courtesy arrangement where they stagger acceptances so as not to step on each other's toes when collecting intents/deposit money.

Have no idea if that's the case, but deposit is due at Midwestern on or before 11/13, and not really expecting to hear back from ATSU before then.

Awaiting a decision. Interviewed 10/21!
It's occurred to me that perhaps ATSU and Midwestern have some form of courtesy arrangement where they stagger acceptances so as not to step on each other's toes when collecting intents/deposit money.

Have no idea if that's the case, but deposit is due at Midwestern on or before 11/13, and not really expecting to hear back from ATSU before then.

I am in the same boat and on the same time frame. I emailed ATSU and they said those who interviewed that day should hear before 11/13... :) (Maybe by the end of this week or mid-week next week).

Ummm so crazy but I just got accepted! :) Check your email @CAOT

Congrats!!! Also accepted! :)

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards ATSU over MWU because I felt a stronger connection there during interview w/ faculty. Cost is also a factor.

I'm waiting to hear back from a few schools, incl. an in-state public, which would be the most cost effective to attend. You?

I'm leaning towards ATSU over MWU because I felt a stronger connection there during interview w/ faculty. Cost is also a factor.

I'm waiting to hear back from a few schools, incl. an in-state public, which would be the most cost effective to attend. You?

I will be going to ATSU. Even though I really liked MWU, cost is a big factor to me and I felt like I would still have a quality experience at ATSU. I already withdrew my app from MWU.

I just got my acceptance email today for AT Still! I'm so excited :soexcited:

My boyfriend just got his acceptance email yesterday! So excited for him. He has a lot to think about because cost is a huge thing. And we would rather he attend the school I am in or a program nearby :)
But whatever he decides to do is up to him. Either way so happy he got in!

I just got my acceptance email today for AT Still! I'm so excited :soexcited:
Congrats! I just got my admissions email yesterday! I was shocked Bc I felt really bad about my interview... so glad that they obviously looked beyond me being extremely nervous!
Will you be doing the masters program?
Has anyone been accepted into the doctorate program? My letter said I had to accept by the 17th?
Has anyone accepted and paid for their seat yet??
Again, congrats! I'm super excited as well!!! :)

Congrats! I just got my admissions email yesterday! I was shocked Bc I felt really bad about my interview... so glad that they obviously looked beyond me being extremely nervous!
Has anyone been accepted into the doctorate program? My letter said I had to accept by the 17th?

I was accepted into the masters program :) My acceptance email said that I will get information in 2 weeks (about a week and a half ago) on how to secure my spot in the program but that I should let them know before then (I think by the 17th as well) if I plan on attending (which I am). :)

Congrats! :) What day did you interview?
I'll be doing the Masters program and I have to accept by the 21st.

For those of you who have been accepted, have they given you a start date for July? I was surprised when they updated their admissions in late August.

For those of you who have been accepted, have they given you a start date for July? I was surprised when they updated their admissions in late August.

Orientation is July 13-14 and start date is the Monday following.

Congrats! :) What day did you interview?
I'll be doing the Masters program and I have to accept by the 21st.
I did a Friday interview in November, you? maybe we met! :)

I received an email that official letters and contracts haven't been sent however the deadline that's approaching for admissions is for "early admissions". apparently letters will go out at the end of the week. I emailed the Dept chair (Dr Gupta) and she called and emailed me with that information! Hope it helps?

I submitted my application on 11/11. How soon will they get back to me about an interview?

I received an email that official letters and contracts haven't been sent however the deadline that's approaching for admissions is for "early admissions". apparently letters will go out at the end of the week. I emailed the Dept chair (Dr Gupta) and she called and emailed me with that information! Hope it helps?
I did my interview on Friday as well! So we will find out about acceptances through the mail?