pianoiscool

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Goal: Acceptance to a good pharmacy school
Female, asian
GPA: 3.7
SAT: superscore 2020
ACT: 30 (may retake)
ECs: piano for six years, dance for seven years (completed formal classical training), tennis team 2 years JV, 1 year Varsity
Leadership: President of Health and Medicine Club(3 years), VP Helping Hands club ( 2 years), VP REach Out club (1 year)

*Very dedicated at religious organization and go there every week, sometimes even twice a week
Side Notes:
-Volunteered at hospital; total volunteer hours in all: 300 hours
- took AP Psychology over the summer
- engineering based internship
- jobshadowing a pharmacist

AP scores
-European History 4
-Psych 4
- Spanish 4
- Chem 3
-Bio 3
- Calc BC 3
- English Language 2
Total APs by end of senior year: 11

Senior year schedule:
- AP Environmental, AP Gov/AP Econ, AP English Lit, Journalism, Chemical Technology, Anatomy/ Physiology

Colleges applying to:
- University of the Pacific (accelerated pre-pharm)
- UT Austin (pre-pharm)
-USC (pre-pharm)
- UCSD (pre-pharm)
-UCD (biochemistry)
- University of Arizona (pre-pharm)
Please chance me! I will chance back and thanks for reading through all of this!
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Goal: Acceptance to a good pharmacy school
Female, asian
GPA: 3.7
SAT: superscore 2020
ACT: 30 (may retake)
ECs: piano for six years, dance for seven years (completed formal classical training), tennis team 2 years JV, 1 year Varsity
Leadership: President of Health and Medicine Club(3 years), VP Helping Hands club ( 2 years), VP REach Out club (1 year)

*Very dedicated at religious organization and go there every week, sometimes even twice a week
Side Notes:
-Volunteered at hospital; total volunteer hours in all: 300 hours
- took AP Psychology over the summer
- engineering based internship
- jobshadowing a pharmacist

AP scores
-European History 4
-Psych 4
- Spanish 4
- Chem 3
-Bio 3
- Calc BC 3
- English Language 2
Total APs by end of senior year: 11

Senior year schedule:
- AP Environmental, AP Gov/AP Econ, AP English Lit, Journalism, Chemical Technology, Anatomy/ Physiology

Colleges applying to:
- University of the Pacific (accelerated pre-pharm)
- UT Austin (pre-pharm)
-USC (pre-pharm)
- UCSD (pre-pharm)
-UCD (biochemistry)
- University of Arizona (pre-pharm)
Please chance me! I will chance back and thanks for reading through all of this!
smile.gif

I'll give you a good shot. Not that I'd know about pre-pharm / accelerated program admissions, but you seem to have a good mix of grades and ECs. Just make sure you explain why they're important to you in your application(s) to more selective programs. How have they shaped you as a person?
Best of luck. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd add LECOMs programs, NSU-COP, Rutgers and MSCPHS.

Last edited:
LECOM and Rutgers. I heard LECOM is relatively new. Do you know more info bout the program? Also, I heard Rutgers is one of the hardest to get into. Is that true?

Apply to MCPHS Boston's 6-year PharmD, it's really not hard to get into.

I have heard bad things about LECOM, including from a student I know who visited LECOM and decided that she'd rather not go to pharmacy school than go there (she got in somewhere else later) and students who go there who basically say they should've done it in 4 years.

But with your stats, all (or most) 0-6 programs should accept you. Rutgers, MCPHS, Northeastern, etc...I have also heard bad things about MCPHS, and I'm not going to advise you to go to my school (USP). I have also heard that you will have to go to school for 8 years if you're in CA, as they pretty much require a BS to go into pharmacy school.

Just FYI, most schools don't take 3s in math/science classes if you're going into a science-related major.