Attn: Koreans with family back home

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If any of you can get someone to mail me a case of these...

Sugary+Cereal+Characters+Gallery+Oreo+O%27s.jpg

...I can make it worth your while.

South Korea is the only country in the world where they still make Oreo O's. Mikey. Needs. I haven't had them since I found out they were being discontinued and bought out the entire local inventory back in 2007 (lasted until mid-2008). I sent slightly threatening emails to he CEO of Post for months. Get me this cereal and I will do whatever you want. I will pay you money. I will do your therapeutics case study. I will go out on a date with you. Even if you are a dude. Whatever you want. I need this cereal to live.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If any of you can get someone to mail be a case of these...

South Korea is the only country in the world where they still make Oreo O's. Mikey. Needs. I haven't had them since I found out they were being discontinued and bought out the entire local inventory back in 2007 (lasted until mid-2008). I sent slightly threatening emails to he CEO of Post for months. Get me this cereal and I will do whatever you want. I will pay you money. I will do your therapeutics case study. I will go out on a date with you. Even if you are a dude. Whatever you want. I need this cereal to live.

Thank you.

Okay, now this one made me laugh. I may have to belay my my previous judgments. :laugh:

I am similar with Superman Icecream.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_ice_cream

It's dark cherry + vanilla + blue moon. The blue moon is the limiting reactant around here, I can't find it ANYWHERE. Once a year, for my birthday, I have a gallon overnighted in cold storage from a small shop in Michigan. 100 bucks well worth it.

polls_IceCream_0423_90327_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

God dammit. :( The only thing I don't like about CA... not being able to get this.

Members don't see this ad :)

It's dark cherry + vanilla + blue moon. The blue moon is the limiting reactant around here, I can't find it ANYWHERE. Once a year, for my birthday, I have a gallon overnighted in cold storage from a small shop in Michigan. 100 bucks well worth it.

God dammit. :( The only thing I don't like about CA... not being able to get this.

We got that flavor at a little shop down the street that sells guns, hunting supplies, and ice cream under the same room. It's good stuff. I like birthday cake ice cream more. Neither more than Oreo O's, however. If you go up to Pittsburgh (which I would never advise), their Superman ice cream is just vanilla with food coloring. I almost beat the **** out of a mobile Yinzer ice cream chucker one day for that...but he gave me a free Klondike bar, so we were cool.

What?? Who DOESN'T sell Superman ice cream?

Thank you.

You know, if you posted this back in early August, I could have totally gotten you some. I was in Korea for 2 weeks in August.... you'll have to wait till next summer though. :laugh:

You know, if you posted this back in early August, I could have totally gotten you some. I was in Korea for 2 weeks in August.... you'll have to wait till next summer though. :laugh:

Ok. I will wait. It's not like my ability to eat delicious, beautiful, heaven-sent Oreo O's is limited by my age. I have something in my life to anticipate now. Up until this moment, I was just waiting until I retired. Awesome. My life has meaning and hope now.

Hey, I have a good friend out there who sends me packages every once and a while. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do about those Oreo O's!

I always wanted to try this when I was a kid but my mother always tell me no. She says all that added coloring isn't good for me. I wasn't allow to eat anything with coloring. :rolleyes:

Apparently, California. But it's ok. They have $12 boxes of imported Italian pasta. And Scientology. Neither of which I can get in West Virginia.

According to Superman ice cream Map, which chronicles every shop in the U.S. that offers the ice cream, only 6 states have it any more... so it's not JUST California that doesn't have it.

I can look around San Francisco for the Oreo O's... maybe there's a Korean food place with 'em ?

Members don't see this ad :)

OMG Blue Moon! They don't have it in Texas, either. :( The only time I get to have some is when I'm in Wisconsin visiting family.

OMG Blue Moon! They don't have it in Texas, either. :( The only time I get to have some is when I'm in Wisconsin visiting family.

Yeah I know, I looked for it everywhere when I lived in Texas too. =-/

It seems centered around the north/northeast. The only state NEAR CA with it is Oregon and there's ONE shop with it in the entire state.

Thank you.

Have you thought about practicing pharmacy in South Korea?

Oreo O's had been criticized for having a very high amount of sugar per serving.

Source: Cut and paste from wikipedia, which of course may not be true.

You can try koreatown in a major city.

And learn a new language and get used to a completely different culture?

Oh god, seriously.

I love visiting Korea. But I would kill myself if I had to live there. Way too crowded, people are way too rude and superficial, and just ugh! BUUUT sooooo much fun to visit.

Ok. I will wait. It's not like my ability to eat delicious, beautiful, heaven-sent Oreo O's is limited by my age. I have something in my life to anticipate now. Up until this moment, I was just waiting until I retired. Awesome. My life has meaning and hope now.

Wow talk about pressure. Making or breaking one man's dream ....

Oh god, seriously.

I love visiting Korea. But I would kill myself if I had to live there. Way too crowded, people are way too rude and superficial, and just ugh! BUUUT sooooo much fun to visit.

Wow talk about pressure. Making or breaking one man's dream ....

Couldn't the same be said for quite a few major American cities?

Especially some of the ones in California? :smuggrin:

Sounds like, I dunno, almost every city with more than 150,000 people in it in America. LOL

Nope.... it's on a totally different level, man. I mean, comparing NYC and Seoul .... NYC has nothing on Seoul. And when I say superficial, I mean superficial. If you don't drive a nice car, you're treated like ****. If you don't clutch a $2000 Louis Vuitton bag, you're looked down upon. Any college campus I have been to, the study abroad Koreans are always in their designer clothes with their super expensive designer bags, when everyone else is dressed in sweatpants and sweatshirts. My friend who studied abroad in Korea said the one time she woke up late and wore sweats to class, she was given the meanest glares ever walking to and from class - she never ever did it again. Totally different level....

Couldn't the same be said for quite a few major American cities?

Especially some of the ones in California? :smuggrin:

I can't say about the CA cities, since I don't have too much experience on the West coast ....

But hey, if you've ever been on a subway that was so crowded in America they had to hire people to push and cram people like sardines into each car, then yes, it can be said about major American cities.

I dunno, I've been to different cities in the US - NYC, DC, Chicago, LA, SF, and a few smaller ones but it was never as bad as it was in Korea. Of course, this is just my experience ....

It's not at "Rick's Ice Cream in Palo Alto" as claimed by wikipedia?

They might have Blue Moon *maybe*, but they definitely do not have Superman. And Blue Moon is pointless without the other 2 flavors to make Superman.

Guess I'll have to stop in and see about a special order? There's still a SKU for Superman apparently from the vendor, so... I dunno. I do know I have been to just about every single ice cream parlor in every single city I've lived in for the last 16 years and have NOT seen it, ever.

They might have Blue Moon *maybe*, but they definitely do not have Superman. And Blue Moon is pointless without the other 2 flavors to make Superman.

Guess I'll have to stop in and see about a special order? There's still a SKU for Superman apparently from the vendor, so... I dunno. I do know I have been to just about every single ice cream parlor in every single city I've lived in for the last 16 years and have NOT seen it, ever.

So mixing your own isn't the same? This Superman thing is so mythical... :D First time I've heard of it.

Thank you.

http://3535.witster.co.kr/shop/detailView.asp?idx=7318

I found a Korean website that is selling that item and doing oversea shipping in some cases.
I am not sure they do oversea shipping for that item but it is worth to try it if you really want that item.

The website states to ask to "customer services" if you want oversea shipping.
If you have any Korean friend or someone knows Korean, ask to do the job.

I found a Korean website that is selling that item and doing oversea shipping in some cases.
I am not sure they do oversea shipping for that item but it is worth to try it if you really want that item.

You've gotta make sure your Korean friend can still speak Korean. At least somewhat fluently :smuggrin:

Um. I need a translator.

Ok, I translated it with google. 3630 won = about $3.13. That's pretty decent for a box of cereal. I would like to buy this and have it shipped to me, but I don't speak anything other than English and Hillbilly English.

I need a Korean. I can send you Naplex study guides in exchange...maybe...anyone?

Hah, well judging by how you turned out, maybe more people should have that philosophy. :)

Aww...thanks P! :) I have actually gain some weight since I started pharmacy school though...lets just say my BMI went from a 17.5 in August 09 to a 19.5 now! :eek: School is taking up all my time...I don't even have time for the gym anymore. :(

How is your school going? Hard? easy? How is your wife doing at her school? Hope you guys are doing well. :)

Aww...thanks P! :) I have actually gain some weight since I started pharmacy school though...lets just say my BMI went from a 17.5 in August 09 to a 19.5 now! :eek: School is taking up all my time...I don't even have time for the gym anymore. :(

How is your school going? Hard? easy? How is your wife doing at her school? Hope you guys are doing well. :)

Yup.

I started at a lean 190...went up to 230...now I'm like 200 or so (people look at me and think I'm about 175, though)...slowly basketballing my way back to 190...over the course of 2 years...

You will get fat during pharmacy school. I don't know anyone that didn't just a little bit. Then when its over...people start hitting the gym again...can afford healthier food...etc, etc...

Yup.

I started at a lean 190...went up to 230...now I'm like 200 or so (people look at me and think I'm about 175, though)...slowly basketballing my way back to 190...over the course of 2 years...

You will get fat during pharmacy school. I don't know anyone that didn't just a little bit. Then when its over...people start hitting the gym again...can afford healthier food...etc, etc...

Very true. I also live with my aunt that is a very good cook. She feeds me ALL THE TIME! :laugh: I do 50 sit ups before bedtime every night but other then that I don't do much exercising b/c I spend most of my time studying pharmacokinetics. I am barely hanging on to my A right now.

When I graduate and have more money I will hit the gym and if I can afford to...I will get a personal trainer. I am also thinking about eating all organic foods when I live on my own and cut out all on meat products....I am thinking about becoming vegan to stay skinny forever. :) Plus killing animals is just plain wrong!

Yup.

No thanks... I think I'd eat salad and cottage cheese everyday if that happens. I hate exercising. I do the volleyball club every week and that's about it right now. Oh, and walking up the hills in Georgia. My parking spot in front of my apartment is so slanted I have to kick the door open in my car or it slams shut on me. lol

Yup.

Noooooooooo! I will probably have just finally lost all of the damn baby weight by the time I start. :smuggrin:

Oreo O's is the most delicious cereal I've ever ate :thumbup:

Didn't you get the memo? They've moved on to part deuce :laugh:

Yes, I moved onto Part 2. However, there are still a lot of elitists from the old day that hate the new matchmaking system and prefer having lobbies and whatnot.

My problem with the old system was that it was riddled with cheaters, backstabbers, and clans. Often times, I'd be playing a 2v2, and we just destroyed the other team, and all of a sudden I'm getting attacked by my teammate.

I believe SCII removed the feature that allowed you to change alliances during the game.

In Korea, there's no such thing as personal space. People literally walk shoulder to shoulder on sidewalks. People push you from left, right and back just to get through the human traffic. It's not considered to be rude to push you like that, so nobody excuses themselves.

During rush hours, subways are jam packed with people and busy subway stations hire "Pushmen" to literally push people into the already jam packed subway. Because of this crazy subway culture, a lot of perverts purposely ride on subways during rush hours to prey on women. To deter this, Korean subways now have "women only" sections.

I lived and drove in Korea for a long time and, I now think driving in LA and NYC traffic is a cake walk.
If you think American major cities are densely populated, you need to go out and see the world...

In Korea, there's no such thing as personal space. People literally walk shoulder to shoulder on sidewalks. People push you from left, right and back just to get through the human traffic. It's not considered to be rude to push you like that, so nobody excuses themselves.

During rush hours, subways are jam packed with people and busy subway stations hire "Pushmen" to literally push people into the already jam packed subway. Because of this crazy subway culture, a lot of perverts purposely ride on subways during rush hours to prey on women. To deter this, Korean subways now have "women only" sections.

I lived and drove in Korea for a long time and, I now think driving in LA and NYC traffic is a cake walk.
If you think American major cities are densely populated, you need to go out and see the world...

One interesting side note: Seoul does not have a real downtown - it's like a set of many many CBD-like districts. The layout is very different to North American cities. Oh, and btw, Sydney is even more suburban and less densely populated than NYC & LA, but BLOODY expensive!

Cheers,
from an "Aussie Korean"