Auburn vs. Mississippi State vs. RVC vs. UCDublin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vetstudent2024

Reaction score
Trying to decide on which school would be best for me. I am IS for Auburn, OOS for Mississippi State, International for RVC and UCD. I am interested in both small animal and equine and want to receive a well-rounded education. I am also looking for a lot of hands on practice. Tuition wise, Auburn makes the most sense as it is in state. I am nervous about acquiring large amounts of debt and how long it may take me to pay off. I liked the 2 and 2 aspect of Mississippi for more hands on practice and more surgery exposure, though I have also heard it feels more overwhelming trying to learn so much material in 2 years. I feel that a lot of people speak highly of RVC, though it is very expensive as an international student. Just looking for some pros and cons and advice of things I may not have considered. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Go to Auburn. You’ll be fine. The others are like 100k or more expensive than Alabama in-state tuition, and (in my strong opinion) there is nothing those schools could offer that is worth 100k more once you’re graduated and working as a DVM.

Reactions: 2 users
Trying to decide on which school would be best for me. I am IS for Auburn, OOS for Mississippi State, International for RVC and UCD. I am interested in both small animal and equine and want to receive a well-rounded education. I am also looking for a lot of hands on practice. Tuition wise, Auburn makes the most sense as it is in state. I am nervous about acquiring large amounts of debt and how long it may take me to pay off. I liked the 2 and 2 aspect of Mississippi for more hands on practice and more surgery exposure, though I have also heard it feels more overwhelming trying to learn so much material in 2 years. I feel that a lot of people speak highly of RVC, though it is very expensive as an international student. Just looking for some pros and cons and advice of things I may not have considered. Thanks!
I am also trying to decide and thinking of RVC but I don’t know a ton about them. If you are in high school or haven’t done an undergraduate degree I have heard international schools can be less time in vet school and pretty average for tuition but in state schools do give you better chances of getting in and lower cost. So, my suggestion is to apply to all that you want and in the meantime research all of them. You can also email the schools admission counselor and ask them about their programs and if they align to what you are looking for. There is a Vet School X vs Y thread on this website that has from what I have seen mostly USA schools but current students post pros vs cons so you can probably find more information there.