AuD Schools in Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nolina30

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm applying to University of Florida and University of South Florida. Have any of you attended these schools or applied?

Members don't see this ad.

Are University of Florida and University of South Florida hard schools to get into?

Hello Nolina30 and Audiology2010,

Did you guys have any luck or hear anything back from USF or UF?

I'm an undergrad at USF right now and I plan on applying to the AuD program for the Fall of 2011, and I was just wondering how competitive it is? I haven't met anybody that's been accepted yet.. Just curious.

Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted into UF but it's my second choice and I'm waiting to interview at Arizona State. USF is one of the harder schools to get into, they say you have to be in the top 30% in all levels of the GRE to even apply and they require a two page statement of intent as opposed to a 500 word one. I didn't make the top 30 for the math part of the GREs so I didn't apply. If you go to Edfind with ASHA they will tell you the acceptance rate of any of the schools unless the info isn't available

You do not need to be in the top 30% for all sections of the GRE. I got in and my percentiles were 40something (writing), 60something (math), and 90something (verbal).

ETA: I just realized what your confusion was, LuvDaEar. You were supposed to be above the BOTTOM 33%...not the top.

Last edited:
You do not need to be in the top 30% for all sections of the GRE. I got in and my percentiles were 40something (writing), 60something (math), and 90something (verbal).

ETA: I just realized what your confusion was, LuvDaEar. You were supposed to be above the BOTTOM 33%...not the top.

oh goodness! That's such a terrible mistake lol! well I'm glad someone figured that out so I wasn't giving the wrong information! :)

Thanks for the replies :)
The ASHA website is very informative!
I wish you all the best in your endeavors!